Forex Trading Psychology

Share your favorite articles, read about Forex trading.

Forex Trading Psychology

Postby asiaforexmentor » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:50 pm

Forex Trading Psychology

Simple as it sounds, Forex trading psychology is a crucial aspect of successful trading. Trading psychology has to do with the emotional state of mind when trading. Most times, people fail in Forex trading because of emotions and trading anxiety that can result in uncalculated trading. The consequence normally is poor returns! To trade efficiently, you have to take charge of your emotions, eliminate any trading anxiety, be confident and ensure you avoid silly trading mistakes that can cost you money.

The moment you cannot control your emotions, irrational decision making sets in, and even though you might be an experienced trader, you lose money in situations you would have fared better. Psychology can mean the difference between profits and losses. Your state of mind is crucial in Forex Trading, as you make decisions on a sixth sense and fast.

But how do you go about controlling your mind and taking charge of successful trading for maximum profits? Here are some tips to start you off:

• You can begin by making use of stop loss and taking profit prices to reign in your trade. What this does is give you the opportunity to place the trade and halt any deals with it. The overall effect is experience, for the more you deal with a trade, the more it becomes engrained in your mind.

• Once you have placed a stop loss, walk away. Do not wait to see how the trade turns out. Most traders place a stop loss and then wait around to see what happens. It beats the whole point of stop loss in the first place. Being there means you are planning to interfere with trading midway, and you don’t want to do that. So walk away!

• Another tactic is to employ low leverages. Super high leverages may seem attractive because of the higher profits, but be careful because they carry the potential for heavy losses as well. Plus if in such a situation, the uncertainty that comes with it can lead to trading anxiety, and subsequently poor trading decisions. So keep the leverages low until such a time when you are confident you have the psychological control necessary for high leverages.

• Make use of proven methods of trading, those you are sure about. There is nothing as dangerous in trading as using a method you are not sure of. Proper and efficient trading methods help you relax and stay a bit calmer, as the uncertainty is somehow eradicated.

Whatever you do, watch out for your psychology. It works to your advantage if you can work on your mental fitness and stay in control.

Forex Trading Psychology is one of the MOST IMPORTANT thing to master when it comes to forex trading. This is something which we teach in our AFM Winning Forex Course

See you on the other side my friend,

Asia Forex Mentor
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor http://www.asiaforexmentor.com
Get the Full Free Price Action Forex Strategies, Visit http://www.asiaforexmentor.com
asiaforexmentor

Re: Forex Trading Psychology

Postby ITtrader » Wed May 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Have you or anyone else read Trading in the Zone? It is a great book and really explains the psychology needed to trade. I highly recommend it.
Need Trading Bankroll - $100 Free IntelliTraders http://www.intellitraders.com/100-for-free
ITtrader

Postby diane21 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:37 am

Yes I have!!
I think "Trading in the Zone" is a good book for forex trading.It is very important to learn more about forex formula , the history of it, how you can earn, the currency price and everything so the person will be more successful in this field of business.
diane21

Postby SharpForex » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:07 pm

I am in the process of reading "Trading In The Zone" by Mark Douglas, and totally agree that this is required reading for all traders.
SharpForex

Postby asiaforexmentor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:52 am

A complete professional forex trading system that even newbies can apply instantly.

Asia Forex Mentor forex course is now FREE! www.asiaforexmentor.com
Get the Full Free Price Action Forex Strategies, Visit http://www.asiaforexmentor.com
asiaforexmentor

Postby gregg32 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Can someone on this forum tell me about similar managed trading solutions or CTA services like I find at www.Best-Forex-Managed-Accounts.net. I was thinking about possibly giving some of my trading balance to these guys as they seem respectable and honest. They offer client deposit protection with all their managed accounts. The only trouble is by giving these guys some of my book, I will lose out on Forex Rebate Trading and Offers.
gregg32

Postby nanang » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:29 am

gregg32 wrote:Can someone on this forum tell me about similar managed trading solutions or CTA services like I find at www.Best-Forex-Managed-Accounts.net. I was thinking about possibly giving some of my trading balance to these guys as they seem respectable and honest. They offer client deposit protection with all their managed accounts. The only trouble is by giving these guys some of my book, I will lose out on Forex Rebate Trading and Offers.

Why don't you try join in managed account in Liteforex broker, exactly you can invest in PAMM account there.
Your money will be managed by super professional manager. Why in liteforex, I've trade in this broker since 2007 and its very recommended broker because very fair and never against us to make money here.
nanang

Return to Forex articles, tips, advice