Basic Balanced System (Expert Advisor included)

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Re: Basic Balanced System (Expert Advisor included)

Postby loopyno » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 am

Hi

First of all if u need any help with the programing part feel free to ask me because i have been doing this for over 4 years so i think i can help you.

Now please correct my understanding of this method:
1) I open an H4 chart
2) I must have the EA button turned off
3) When i see the difference of the 2 MAs (yellow and red) increasing (and maybe the angle) i turn the EA on

Now what is the exist strategy ... is there any?
What is your daily target pips?

Loopyno
loopyno

Postby nedu » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:48 am

Good morning all. I have a little problem with the EA. On my platform,any time I enable the EA,there is this continuous chiming of the bell(alarm) that is not good to hear. How do I rectify this? Mr Osama,please help! :?
nedu

Postby Oshaban » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:07 am

loopyno wrote:Hi

First of all if u need any help with the programing part feel free to ask me because i have been doing this for over 4 years so i think i can help you.

Now please correct my understanding of this method:
1) I open an H4 chart
2) I must have the EA button turned off
3) When i see the difference of the 2 MAs (yellow and red) increasing (and maybe the angle) i turn the EA on

Now what is the exist strategy ... is there any?
What is your daily target pips?

Loopyno

Hi loopyno
Thanks for offering me your programing help. I'm too a peogramer. I will do ask you for help if I need :) , mean time, please feel free to share your ideas and programing touches for improving this profitable system.

1) ok.
2) You are right about the steps, You have to disable "allow live trading" to not give the ea to open trades on all pairs. Some of them are not valid (from my point of view) or their probability of success is low.
3) ok.

Even if you did the 3 steps above, the ea will check the other conditions (Stochastic & sma20 filter) ... if they are ok according to the system conditions, the ea will open a trade. If not, the ea will wait untill they will be in the range and then will open the new trade.

Please refere to the link of original strategy shown in the first post.

Daily target pips ranges from minimum 100 pips to 400. Sometimes could be more. By time you will have the fealing of when to close positions.

Some pairs should be closed if faced a strong support or resitance.
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:12 am

nedu wrote:Good morning all. I have a little problem with the EA. On my platform,any time I enable the EA,there is this continuous chiming of the bell(alarm) that is not good to hear. How do I rectify this? Mr Osama,please help! :?

Hi nedu
Go to expert properties and then change UseSound option form True to False for all the charts.:)
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:33 am

This is my today entries as I think are the best to the moment.
I'm sorry for not posting many charts because I'm using my GPRS low bandwidth connection :(

Not that happy with GBPUSD as it looks there is a divergence ant the price could go north.
If I got some pips from it before return back (if any), I will take them :)
I'm not caring as everything is on demo.

bbs_sma_filter 22_7_10_1.gif
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:46 am

Here is a snap shot from my platform :)

GBPUSD is already closed on loss as expected because of the divergence :(

I may be will not continue for today as I got a lot of work out of my work and home !

Please keep posting your charts for discussion and ideas for improvements.

Happy trading
O.Shaban

bbs_sma_filter 22_7_10_3.GIF
Oshaban

Postby Onyebuchim » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:36 am

Oshaban wrote:
Onyebuchim wrote:
Oshaban wrote:A perfect entry one EURAUD but sadly Stochastic is too low !

Note the RSI value and the divergence between moving average lines!

All conditions are good for entry, but Stochastic should be above 20 and heading down!.

If I'm manually trading, I will go with it. But I have to follow the instructions.

eurcad.gif

I guess u meant you would have allowed the EA to take that trade but the entry requirement was not perfect.

Secondly i'm also guessing that the EA would have taken a SELL Position?

But as for me i would have enabled the EA to go in at 1.36045 in accordance to your logic of the design. Would that be wrong?

What I mean is that: "If I opened the MT4 paltform an hour or two hours earlier, the EA for sure will take the trade. But in this case, it will not because stochastic was under 20".
If I entered manually, I will have a big percentage to get good profit but not much as if stochastic was above 20, because we entered a littile bit late.

If you use the second version, EA will take the trade around 1.36045 but you may before that trade or after will get some loss trades if the market has changed/change direction. Second version enters the trade as soon as all entry reguirements are met, but the version I use, I have to check the moving average direction (clear slop, up or down). Then I will wait for my daily pip/$ target and then close all positions and wait for the next day.

I wish this is clear, if not please tell me, I will do my best to clarify.

Hi,

Thanks it was perfectly clear and i could see the reasons for that trade. From your explanations, the second EA seems interesting as it would take off the stress of watching the indicators align for an entry although like u said it might cause less gains.

Not had any trades yet with it even while i turned it on probably i'm getting something wrong.

More grease to your elbow
Onyebuchim

Postby Oshaban » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:14 am

Around 270 Pips ...

Current Profit2.GIF
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:26 am

Onyebuchim wrote:Hi,

Thanks it was perfectly clear and i could see the reasons for that trade. From your explanations, the second EA seems interesting as it would take off the stress of watching the indicators align for an entry although like u said it might cause less gains.

Not had any trades yet with it even while i turned it on probably i'm getting something wrong.

More grease to your elbow

Onyebuchim,

Yes, you are right about the second version. I guess, it is the SMA20 filter. It reduces the trades too much. I think, the SMA20 filter should be removed from it. What do you think?

I'm too confident about the first version. I will use it on live account shortly.

You may saw how it was going in my previous post ! :roll:

It is even reached 290 pips at the moment :)
Oshaban

Postby Onyebuchim » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:16 am

Hi,

Well for now i really cannot suggest if the 20SMA Filter could be the problem bcos i have not used the EA extensively. All the same i see a lot of potential in it and i'm striving hard to get used to it.

Is it ok to manually move the stop level to protect profits rather than waiting until the Trailing Stop is triggered?

Secondly i think leaving the EA Active would not have any bad effect bcos it wont take any trade without the correct entry rules.

Today i had my first positive trade on the AUDUSD h1 which is still on and i feel like moving the stop upwards to secure the profit but the profit is still below 100 pips.
Attachments
AUDUSD H1.gif
My trade today with the EA on AUDUSD H1
Onyebuchim

PreviousNext

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems