Who should use a Forex VPS?

Share your favorite articles, read about Forex trading.

Who should use a Forex VPS?

Postby FXVM » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:30 pm

Traders are often unsure whether use of a forex VPS is necessary for their trading strategy, or even if a forex VPS can benefit trading at all. Certainly, not every trading strategy can benefit from hosting on a remote server, but these are a few of the most common requirements of traders using forex VPS's:

You would like to move MT4 to a remote desktop that will be online 24/7, for the sake of convenience and security.
Computer crashes and slowdowns, internet disconnections, and other distractions are the last things you need when trading. Using a remote forex VPS helps eliminate any inconsistency in your trading system. In a worse-case scenario, you can live chat or email us to get immediate help with your VPS and software running there. 

You have a forex expert advisor, or many EAs, that you need to test in a stable environment for weeks or months.
Forex VPS systems do not shutdown or reboot, and are designed to have the best possible quality of connection to brokers and financial institutions. For these reasons, a forex VPS is ideal forward-testing MT4 EAs and other automated trading software.

You already have a profitable EA or automated trading portfolio, and require a stable remote environment to optimize returns from your system.
For all of the same reasons mentioned above, forex hosting is ideal for deploying established, profiting strategies, in order to give them an additional edge in fastest possible exeuction speed.

Your system or software requires ultra-low latency connection to the broker.
Since our systems are hosted directly adjacent to major financial data networks in New York and London, they can achieve latency as low as <0.10ms to a large number of brokers and trading services.

You are frequently away from your computer or trading station.
A trading VPS runs on a remote server located in a data center, and can be accessed from any PC or mobile device via RDP. This means that you can "screen in" to your remote desktop from any location, while leaving the applications on the remote desktop to run uninterrupted. 

Your orders are executed poorly due to long distance between your broker(s) and your location.
Hosting your MetaTrader 4 platforms on a remote VPS will improve the speed of order executions, since the trading machine will be closer to the destination networks, even while you access the VPS from your location.

If you have questions about how a VPS can be used, whether hosting is right for your application, or another aspect of our service, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us! We promise not to keep you waiting. Who should use a Forex VPS? via FXVM Knowledgebase.
James F. ([email protected])
FXVM \\ Forex VPS Hosting at Equinix in NYC & London \\ www.fxvm.net
Ultra-low Latency (from 0.1ms) to Brokers, Signals, & Services. Contact us today!
FXVM

Re: Who should use a Forex VPS?

Postby eko_ddie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:08 am

All trader who have EA could use VPS. VPS is letting EA work 24hours Non Stop.
eko_ddie

Postby eko_ddie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:54 am

Using vps is great, all information from the wed jago itu...?
eko_ddie

Postby prapforex » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:50 am

My friend have been using EA and VPS since 1 years ago. it still work now. He has many times making withdrawal process using local WD from liteforex..
prapforex

Postby Andre18 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:11 am

Today I'm trading with IVbrokers running my EA on there system, the results are not bad at all. I chose them as there servers are in equinix in New York. My question is if I will use a VPS will it improve the result of the EA?

Andre
Andre18

Postby rohmatul » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:26 am

Using VPS will make your order more fast than using our won laptop..
You can try it and prove it by your self..
rohmatul

Postby balat1990 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:36 am

we shouldn't rent vps. it doesn't effective.we should use it on our computer. when you use VPS you can lost your data . it is dangerous
balat1990

Postby ddeeen » Mon May 16, 2016 12:00 pm

balat1990 wrote:we shouldn't rent vps. it doesn't effective.we should use it on our computer. when you use VPS you can lost your data . it is dangerous

I don't think so,,,
Do you ever feel the speed of your order process when using VPS??
I've tried using VPS, its much more faster than using our internet connection even in our office or using speedy.
ddeeen

Return to Forex articles, tips, advice