Grand Capital

Forex broker related topics and discussions

Re: Grand Capital

Postby ExpertGC » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:55 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (October 9th — 13th

Here are the results of the last trading week. Follow the top traders!

The most active client

Placed 2079 trades, including 1213 profitable ones and 866 that resulted in a loss. The majority of trades involved EUR/USD, AUD/CAD and USD/CHF.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $50 664.85.

The most profitable trade of the week

In one trading week on a single account was +$13 012,83. The trade was opened on the 28th of September at 10:48 AM and closed on the 10th of October at 6:30 PM.

The most interesting instruments chosen by traders:
  • WHEAT — wheat futures contract. The size of wheat futures contract is 5.000 bushels. Since bushel is a volume measurement unit, different kinds of grain have different weight equivalents. For wheat it's 136.00775 metric tons.
  • @ EJPY — euro/Japanese yen cross-currency futures. The trading volume is several thousand contracts a day, the contract size is 125 000 euro. Minimum price fluctuation is 0.01 yen for 1 euro or 1 250 yen per 1 contract. Initial margin is 324 000 yen.
  • # ROSNEFT — Russian oil and gas company. In 2013 in became the world's largest oil producer. In 2016 Rosneft was included in Fortune Global 500 (118th). Turnover: $80.8 billion (2016);
  • # MCD (McDonald’s Corporation) — an American corporation, the world's largest chain of fast food restaurants until 2010 which uses a franchise system. In 2016 it was included in Fortune Global 500 (420th). Turnover: $35.39 billion (2016);
  • # BAC (Bank of America) — an American financial conglomerate which provides financial services for individuals and legal entities. It's the largest bank holding company in the US by number of assets. Bank of America is 23rd among the largest companies according to Forbes (2015). Turnover: 83.416 billion (2015).
Earn more with Grand Capital
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 am

Interview with contest winners: "Everything that happens here depends only on you"

Among the recent contest winners are a water supply company employee, yoga teacher and a future Master of Laws in Taxation. The common theme of this interview round-up is that experience helps. Learn not only from your own experience but also from the experience of others.

Oleg Zharskiy, Russia, the winner of 204th round of Rally Trade, received no-deposit bonus of $500. Oleg had already won Drag Trade contest before.

"I'm 54 and I'm a junior manager at the city water supply plant. My work schedule allows me to spend time on my hobby, which is Forex trading. Although in summer I'm usually distracted by other things, and the Internet access is awful at my dacha. I've been constantly participating in Grand Capital contests. I think that all these contests are great, each in its own way. I joined this round and started trading only three hours after the contest began, but I won nonetheless in the end. Although to a large extent I won thanks to the opponent's mistakes, who took the second place. Late in the contest he got nervous and started losing. Can anyone become a trader? I don't know. The important thing is to like it, if you're not interested, you're not going to get very far. Before I begin trading, I read analytic reviews for about an hour and choose a strategy. I pay attention to indicators in my trading terminal. I will continue to trade. After all, experience comes with time."

Marina Zorina, Russia, the winner of 57th round of Future Trade, received no-deposit bonus of $1000.

"I'm 38. I teach yoga and I like to travel in my spare time. How did I get into trading? I was looking online for a job or just a source of extra income. So I was introduced to the currency market. I've been trading for about 10 years. Last year I managed to triple my balance when the market was very volatile. It was a great achievement for me. At first, I had lots of difficulties, of course, both with learning how to use trading software and with understanding the points of entry and exit. In this contest, I used indicator-based strategy. When I trade on a real account, I usually base my strategy on the channels lines, intraday support and resistance levels. I like that Grand Capital offers various contests, both for demo and real accounts. Future Trade is a demo contest, meaning the money isn't real. It's important since not everyone has a couple hundred dollars to spare from a personal budget. Still, a market is a market and no one can provide you with guarantees. Everything that happens here depends only on you, and on your skill and experience. The contest is a great opportunity to earn a decent income without any investment."

Christoph Schneider, Austria, the winner of 389th round of Drag Trade, received real $200.

"I'm 26. I study economics at a university and now I'm working on my Master's thesis, it's about the influence of taxation on transportation prices. I started trading three years ago on the advice of my friend. It seems to me that in Austria and Germany people are less interested in investing in financial markets than in other countries. Everyone here is very cautious about it. Trading is a proper analysis of data. If you want to achieve something amazing, you have to follow the news and choose a correct strategy. I attended a couple of courses on finance as a part of my education, so I learned the basics there. But mainly I learned trading on my own. I started with combining short-term and long-term strategies. Surprisingly it brought results immediately. For a long time, I engaged in intraday trading and traded binary options and DAX CFD (Germany's major stock index). Recently I got interested in precious metals, coal and Russian stock index. It's because I think that there will be a correction soon on American and European stock markets. When I choose a broker I pay attention to the range of offered trading instruments. And, of course, the possibility of trading small amounts with a low spread, since my funds are not so big yet. With Grand Capital, I trade Russian stock CFDs and metals that aren't offered by other brokers. The most important for beginners is a good risk management. Place stop orders and make sure that your account balance stays liquid, it helps you react to unforeseen circumstances."

P.S. Read contest rules and sign up for the next round here.
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:44 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (October 16th — 20th)

Let's look back at the past trading week. Here are the best results in our weekly recap.

The most active client

Placed 1882 trades, including 899 profitable ones and 983 that resulted in a loss. All trades involved EUR/USD.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $15 757,24.

Resulted in a profit of +$6328,00. The trade was opened on the 6th of October at 3:13 PM and closed on the 16th of October at 8:21 PM.

The most interesting trading instruments chosen by traders:
  • CORN — Corn futures contract. One corn futures contract volume is 5000 bushels or 127 metric tons. Minimum price fluctuation is 0.25 and costs $12.5;
  • COCOA — cocoa futures contract. Cocoa futures contract volume is standard and equals 10 tons. Ono pip costs $10. Thousands of suppliers, industrial customers and investors around the world follow closely the quotes of this commodity asset. The largest producer of cocoa is Côte d'Ivoire. Other major producers include Indonesia, Ghana, Nigeria, Brazil and Cameroon;
  • GOLD — gold futures. Contract volume: 100 troy ounces (around 3.11 kg). Minimum price step: $0.10 per ounce ($10.00 per contract). Gold prices usually grow during economic crises. Historically, the inflation growth is also usually accompanied by the growth of gold prices;
  • # DD (DuPont) is an American chemical company and one of the world's largest companies in the industry. The company has developed many unique polymers and other materials, including neoprene, nylon, Teflon, Kevlar, mylar, etc. Included in the list of Fortune 1000 in 2008 (81st place);
  • # DIS (The Walt Disney Company) — one of the major financial conglomerates of the entertainment industry. The company was founded in 1923 by Disney brothers as a small animation studio. Now it is one of the largest Hollywood studios, which owns 11 amusement parks and two water parks, as well as several television and radio broadcasting networks. Included in the Dow Jones industrial index.
Earn more with Grand Capital!
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:42 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (October 23rd–27th)

We have selected the last week's best traders. Read the new round-up and learn about the client with a stunning ratio of profitable and losing trades.

The most active client

Placed 1008 trades, including 997 profitable ones and 11 that resulted in a loss. The majority of trades involved EUR/USD and GOLD.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $45 660,18.

In one trading week on a single account was +$28 825,00. The trade was opened on the 12th of October at 1:27 PM and closed on the 23th of October at 3:49 PM.

• NASDAQ-100 — futures mini contract for NASDAQ-100 stock index. The contract size is calculated by multiplying the current value of the index by 20 USD. 1 tick is 0.25 and costs $5. NASDAQ is an American OTC market that specializes in hi-tech companies shares (electronics, software etc.);
  • LUMBER — lumber futures contract. The contract size is standard and equals 110.000 board-feet. One tick is 0.1 and costs $11.00;
  • KC — coffee futures contract. The contract size is 37 500 pounds (around 17 tons). One tick is 0.05 and costs $18.75. Coffee market has a higher liquidity than many other commodity markets because of the high demand for coffee;
  • # YANDEX ("Yandex") is a Russian multinational company that owns an eponymous search engine, multiple online resources and services in several countries. Yandex is the world's 4th largest search engine by the number of processed search requests (over 6.3 billion per month as of early 2014). Turnover: 75.92 billion RUB (1.25 billion USD) as of 2016;
  • # APPLE — an American manufacturer of personal computers, tablets, audio players, mobile phones and software. Apple occupies the first place in the world by market capitalization, which is 537 billion USD as of January 11th, 2016.
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:23 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (October 30th–November 3rd)

Read our recap of the best trading results of the past week.

The most active client

Placed 1110 trades, including 563 profitable ones and 547 that resulted in a loss. The majority of trades involved GBP/USD, GBP/JPY and EUR/USD pairs.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $27 955,75.

In one trading week on a single account was +$7800,00. The trade was opened on the 25th of October at 1:54 PM and closed on the 2nd of November at 12:10 PM.

• COTTON — cotton futures. The contract size is 50 000 pounds (around 22.68 tons). One tick is 0.01 and costs $18,75;
  • FESX — DJ EURO STOXX 50 index futures. The contract volume is calculated according to the following formula: €10 multiplied by the current index quote. One tick equals €10.00. Dow Jones EURO STOXX 50 is a market capitalization-weighted stock index of 50 large, blue-chip European companies operating within eurozone nations;
  • GASOLINE — gasoline futures. Contract volume: 42 000 gallons (around 159 cubic meters). Minimum price step: $0.0001 per gallon or $4.20 per contract. Gasoline is a product of crude oil distillation. Gasoline price is subject to seasonal fluctuations, local minimums are reached in December and local maximums are reached in May;
  • # FORD — an American manufacturer of vehicles, automotive parts, and accessories. It’s the world’s fourth largest automaker by volume of production during the whole history of a company. Now Ford is the third largest automaker in the US (after GM and Toyota) and the second in Europe (after Volkswagen). The company occupies the 9th place in Fortune 500 (a list of the largest US public companies) as of 2015;
  • # AEROFLOT — the largest airline in Russia and one of the world's oldest airlines. It was founded in 1923 and at the time was fully state-owned. After the Soviet Union was dissolved, the company became semi-privatized, with 51% of the shares still owned by the government. As of 2015 Aeroflot's revenue is 366 307 billion RUB.
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:19 am

Come to Finance Magnates London Summit on the 15th of November

On the 15th of November, Grand Capital CEO Stanislav Vaneev, together with UpTrader, a software provider and our partner, will participate in Finance Magnates London Summit ‘17.

The event will gather more than 2000 financial industry players: brokers, developers, banks, hedge funds and start-ups. Our team will be receiving guests at the booth №2.

Stanislav Vaneev:

“Recently the industry has seen a lot of revolutionary changes. Just look at how blockchain technology changes literally everything around us. You won’t get too far without cooperation and partnership at times like these. The events such as Finance Magnates summit help establish relationships and “stay on trend”. We have a lot to show you in London, and it’s always useful to learn what our colleagues and clients think about our products. It’s already become a tradition for us to participate in expos together with our partner, UpTrader. This year’s London Summit is shaping up to be particularly eventful and rich. We’ll be glad to see you all at our booth. Also, we’ll be presenting our new project, Serenity, to the professional community”.

Expo address: 1 Old Billingsgate Walk, London.

The expo is open from 9:00 AM to 6:15 PM. Learn the details on the Finance Magnates London Summit website.

We look forward to seeing you in London!

Grand Capital team
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:25 am

Interview with contest winners: “I’m always on the market”

Meet two winners of Rally Trade and one winner of Micro Trade in our new interview round-up.

We think it’s very reasonable to learn from others’ experience, that’s why we try to make our interviews more useful for beginners. The winners talk about their winning strategies and provide advice on risk management.

Maksim Meshkov, the winner of the 205th round of Rally Trade, received no-deposit bonus of $500

“I’m a veterinarian. First I got introduced to the market in 2014. I started with binary options, they were aggressively marketed at the time. About a year later I started wondering about Forex. At first, I was learning the basics on my own. However, I quickly realized that those massive amounts of information were really confusing. So I enrolled in a course and everything was broken down for me and I started to understand what trading is. My trading day starts before the European session. One of my rituals is getting all unnecessary things off the desk and getting my monitors ready. My most successful trade involved GBP at the time of Brexit. I was bold enough to hold the position and took 1100 points. But greed and emotions got the best of me on the same day and I lost half of my profit. Mostly I trade with GBP/USD and GBP/JPY. The second pair is very volatile and can get you 400-700 points in a day. Sure, you can easily lose just as much. My favorite strategy is Price Action. When I choose a broker, I pay attention first of all to how long they’ve been working on the market. Grand Capital is one of the long-living companies. Among other advantages are excellent order execution, low spreads and fast withdrawal. The only thing I’d add is one more contest, specifically for binary options.”

Maksim Abramov, Russia, the winner of the 81st round of Micro Trade, received 300% of the difference in account equity

“Now I work as a tire fitter and I’ve been trading for about 10 years in total. During this time I had my ups and downs. I have a mathematical mindset, that’s why I find use for my skills in trading. I think that the most important thing for a trader is the ability to control emotions. Many give up after big defeats. I’m not one of them and I always go all the way. Actually, I’m always on the market. At any given time I have some open trades. During my years of trading I have tried many strategies, but I stuck with the levels. Now I trade with breakouts of daily maximums and minimums, and my favorite instruments are the dollar, the pound, the yen and gold. When choosing a broker I look at the reviews and trading conditions. I abandoned my previous broker because they implemented a limit on the amount of simultaneously open trades. I don’t like to be constrained. I’ve been participating in Micro Trade for a long time, but I never won anything. Probably my trading was a bit raw. Now everything is fine in that department.”

Amadeu Costa, Portugal, the winner of the 206th round of Rally Trade, received no-deposit bonus of $500

“I’m 50 and I’m a programmer. I started trading a year ago. I like analyzing financial markets and following the economic statistics. I have a predisposition towards bearish trends, so it can be a bit of a problem on a bull market. I studied various strategies, but I’m not really well-versed in all that. I mainly rely on my intuition and macroindicators. However, the psychology of the market sometimes can be so irrational. Recently I placed a marvelous trade: I earned 1000 Euro with the deposit of 10 Euro. But in the next trade I lost all my profit. I’m a short-term trader, sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. Among my favorite instruments are DAX index and EUR/USD, GBP/USD pairs. I’m only beginning my trading career and trying to earn enough money for deposit in contests. I liked Rally Trade for being a short contest and the results were available right away.”

P.S. Learn the contest rules and sign-up for the next round here.
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:17 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (November 6th–10th)

Read about the last week’s trading results.

The most active client

Placed 726 trades, including 384 profitable ones and 342 that resulted in a loss. The majority of trades involved EUR/USD, USD/CHF and GOLD.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $33 778,95.

Resulted in a profit of +$26 639,42. The trade was opened on the 8th of September at 8:00 AM and closed on the 8th of November at 11:36 AM.

• SOYBEANS — soybean futures. One of the oldest, most popular and respectable futures contract. Contract volume is 5000 bushels. Minimum price step is 0.25 cents and costs $12.5;
  • FTSE — a futures contract for the British index FTSE 100. The contract size is calculated according to the formula: £10 multiplied by the current index quote. One tick costs £5. FTSE 100 is a leading index of a British Stock Exchange. It is considered one of the most influential stock exchange indicators in Europe;
  • # GE (General Electric) — an American multi-industry corporation, a manufacturer of many types of equipment, including locomotives, power plants, gas turbines, aircraft engines, medical equipment, etc. As of 2016 the market capitalization of General Electric is $288 billion;
  • # IBM (International Business Machines) — one of the world’s largest producers and suppliers of software and hardware, as well as IT and consulting services. As of 2016, IBM’s turnover is $80.8 billion;
  • # XOM (Exxon Mobil Corporation) — an American company, the largest private oil company in the world. The company conducts oil production in various regions of the world, including USA, Canada, the Middle East, etc. Exxon Mobil has a network of filling stations in more than 100 countries. One of the largest corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization ($366.98 billion as of 2017).
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:23 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (November 13th–17th)

Follow the best traders in our weekly recap.

The most active client

Placed 742 trades, including 505 profitable ones and 237 that resulted in a loss. The majority of trades involved EUR/USD and GOLD.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $22 381.47.

Resulted in a profit of +$5959.93. The trade was opened on the 6th of November at 12:14 PM and closed on the 15th of November at 4:06 PM.

• LIVE CATTLE — deliverable futures contract for 40 000 pounds of live cattle. Household livestock raised to produce beef is the largest segment of American agriculture. Minimum tick is 2.5 cent, which equals $10.00;
  • ORANGE JUICE — orange juice futures contract. The contract size is standardized and is 15 000 pounds (approximately 6.9 tons). One tick is 0.05 and costs $7.5;
  • # ROSTEL («Ростелеком») — a Russian largely state-owned telecommunications company, provides local and long-distance telephone services, broadband Internet access (Russia’s largest provider by the number of subscribers), interactive television, cellular communications, etc. Turnover: 297.45 billion RUB (2016);
  • # GOOGLE (Google Inc) is an American multinational public corporation that invests in web search, cloud computing, and advertising technologies. Google supports and develops a number of Internet services and products;
  • # CVX (Chevron Corporation) — America's second largest energy corporation (after Exxon Mobil), one of the biggest companies in the world. In 2015 it was listed third in Fortune 500 and twelfth in Fortune Global 500 in 2014.
Earn more with Grand Capital
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:42 am

Come to Money Fair expo in Shanghai from the 1st to the 3rd of December and receive gifts

Grand Capital will participate in Money Fair expo in Shanghai from the 1st to the 3rd of December. Money Fair is the largest financial expo in China and will be welcoming the participants for the 15th time in 2017.

We will present Serenity, the first blockchain-secured marketplace for financial market trading. Our team will be expecting visitors at the booth W02. Join our WeChat group, take a photo at our booth and receive gifts from our company!

Expo address: Shanghai Exhibition Center, No 1000 Middle Yan'án Road.

Open hours: 9:00 AM–4:00 PM on December 1st–2nd and 9:00 AM–2:30 PM on December 3rd. Learn more on MoneyFair website.

Grand Capital team
ExpertGC

PreviousNext

Return to Forex Brokers