Swing Trading Forex (1day - 1week hold)

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Swing Trading Forex (1day - 1week hold)

Postby Scott » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi All,

this is my first post so I would like to say that this is a wondeful website and I have learnt a lot; I think this website will help me to achieve trading consistency. Thanks Edward!

I don't have the time to day trade so I plan to swing trade or use the 4h chart. Questions:

1. Do you recommend applying one strategy to several markets or several strategies to one market. I presume it is several strategies to one market since this will allow you to get a feel for the market.

2. Can you get a feel for the market swing trading or is this only possible scalping.

3. With regard money management, I plan to risk 2% max on a single trade, but if I am swing trading I anticipate that I may have multiple positions at any one time. I read in a book that you should only risk 9% of capital at any one time on all trades - is this correct or should I reduce this to say 4%. Note: obviously this will have a lot to do with the markets that I am trading so can anyone suggest maybe 3 or 4 markets that have a low correlation

Thanks very much,
Scott
Scott

Re: Swing Trading Forex (1day - 1week hold)

Postby sambob » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:28 am

You can apply the exact same swing trading method that you would use for stocks and options trading, with similarly exciting results.
sambob

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems