What Systems && Methods are you trading !?!

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

What Systems && Methods are you trading !?!

Postby newyear498 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:18 pm

My goal is to get a good discussion going where everyone can see which systems are making real money and narrow down the best systems for an individual to potentially pursue.

Here are some outlines for discussion:

1. Describe the system you trade in detail step by step (or link to a system directions... (NO SPAM or systems asking for money please)).
2. Your results (how long been using, how many pips a day, etc.)
3. Any other insights

Thank you for posting, this site is all about joining together and learning from one another so thank you for contributing.

PS: Another idea is to post statistical data of how many times different things occur etc. (just an idea)
newyear498

Re: What Systems && Methods are you trading !?!

Postby newyear498 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:25 pm

For me I have not found a solid system yet.. new to forex (but not stocks and trading)

currently I am looking for a solid system and paper trading some ideas and systems that I found..

right now I really like #6 scalping.. http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/scalping/ema-bands
I have adding some twists to it and trading it on paper with 1 minute time frame.. really cant suggest it yet tho to early to tell

Pretty much I personally feel indicators are lagging so I am more into price action now.. but still open to indicators.

Hope to here about your successes!
newyear498

Postby newyear498 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:58 am

Rom wrote:
newyear498 wrote:2. Your results (how long been using, how many pips a day, etc.)

Maybe pips a days should be replaced by profitfactor, as 10 pips per day (20 pips average win and 10 pips average loss) may have a higher profitfactor and being a way more profitable than 50 pips per days (500 pips average win and 450 pips average loss)?

kjell

Hi Kjell,

very good correction, definitely a better way to look at it so we can see money management of 1/1 etc.

Thanks for the fix, so would you like to share a system of trading you use?

Thanks again,
Ryan
newyear498

Postby newyear498 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:07 am

I agree, I have tested many systems so far and none appear to offer a solid way of making money.. those that work in trends fail in trading ranges and the other way around.. and then after a few years dont work at all..

I think the problem is most the times you can't get money management better than 1:1 with most the systems I found.. for example in order to make 40-60 pips you need to risk stop loses of 100 pips and since the system only needs to fail once to wipe out two profits you eventually lose or break even in the long term.

But I definitely have hope, thats why I've started this discussion.. hopefully someone with a solid trading method will come forward and share with us.

thanks for sharing,
Ryan
newyear498

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems