Basic Balanced System (Expert Advisor included)

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Basic Balanced System (Expert Advisor included)

Postby Oshaban » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:28 am

Dear friends,

I'm Osama from Libya. I'm computer programmer. I already coded an EA for the "Simple Balanced System", You may read the strategy details at http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/trading-strategy-basicbalanced

I already made %1360 of profit within 5 days using the EA. Balance has grow up from $248.69 to $3380.39 I have been lucky because the market was trending, but the system works very very very well because later I did around 3700 pips in a week. (see the attached image). The final EA passed to a lot of developments, but the main strategy is still the same. SMA100 was added as a filter. If the price is above this moving average, then we will wait for Long entries only, the opposite for Short trades. The EA is not working as a fully robot trader, while I have an other version working as 100% as full auto trader but with much less sucess.

I already started a thread about two years ago at http://www.arabictrader.com/vb/t54838.html about this strategy. Sadlly, the language there is the Arabic!. The thread has 44,600 views and 765 posts till the moment of writing this new thread. I already mentioned the source of the strategy to keep your copy right of the strategy to Mr. Edward :) .

I will -insha Allah- post the whole story about how to use the EA and the open source code for the EA. Please give me a chance to prepare my long translation of some important posts are made by me at the other forum. I will show you how to extract huge number of pips daily :)

Sincerely yours,
Osama Shaban
Attachments
BBS1.JPG
Oshaban

Re: Basic Balanced System (Expert Advisor included)

Postby Oshaban » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:15 am

Here are the two versions of the expert advisors,

I suggest to use the first one, it is much profitable ...

Results I got on H4 chart.

BBS_SMA_filter.mq4
This is the last version of "Basic Balanced System.mq4"
(5.49 KiB) Downloaded 4012 times

BBS_SMA_filter_v2.mq4
Last version of "Basic Balanced System_v2.mq4"
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 2944 times

Later, I will post the idea behind using the first EA to get such huge profit.

Experts need a few minor tune-up. I delayed this tiny job for the last version if there are any ideas or improvements.

I believe that it dosen't need any, but I will let you test and see.

Please keep using on demo first and publish your results and comments here.

Happy trading,

O. Shaban
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:26 am

After opening demo account, I got this result just after one day ! :D

current_result_for_15_7_10.jpg
... BBS_SMA_filter EA ...
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Hello again,

Here are the steps and how to use the first EA virsion "BBS_SMA_filter.mq4" ...

The idea behind this version is to enter the market whenever the entry conditions are met and trying to enter when there is a sign of clear trend. Later, we will try to get out as soon as we find that the price of the currency pair is making a retracement. How is that?

*** A small note about the BBS_SMA_filter.mq4 ... This EA enters the market when ever you allow it to trade in the direction of the last moving average cross. It will not wait the next candle open price after the MA's cross. This means that whenever all the system entry requirements are met (but not the MA's cross), the EA will enter the market and will not wait for the cross. So, we will extract the most possible pips from the market. This is the most important point that makes this EA very profitable.

*** Open charts of currencies you like to trade on H4 time frame(I prefer this TF - You can work on lower TF's - The least one I used is H1).

*** I usually open from 8 - 12 charts. Most of them with lower spreads, or, high daily range. You may notice the pairs I use from the previous images I attached.

*** It is prefered to start at London open or later but not at the end of NY as most of currency pairs are exhausted and may be the price exchange rate will retrace back. Try to prevent Tokyo market hours, or you may scalp on this period. I never did that, but I think it is possible!.

*** Un-check the option "Allow live trading" form the MT4 platform and Enable Experts to work normally.
*** Now, the EA is ready to detect the chances, but can't enter any position unless we allow to it to trade!.

*** When ever you notice that a recent (may be after few candles) moving averages cross (Red and Yellow) or, the distance between the two MA's is increasing, try to wait the price of the candle going to the direction of the Red MA, this means we are waiting to enter from the best price. If the candle is just opened, you can enter the market soon by checking "Allow live trading" from the expert options of that currency pair, or by pressing F7 then "Allow live trading".

*** Repeat the same procedure for all the currency pairs that they have a good chance to enter. NEVER enter when the MA lines are going to be closer to each other.

*** If you close a currency pair on profit/loss, don't forget to un-check "Allow live trading" to prohibit the EA from opening a new position on the same pair. Later, I can do solve this problem by adding some code, I will do this later to minimize the human work :) .

*** If you notice that the MA's are going to be closer to each other, which means a probability of new cross, or it is may be price retracement on lower time frame, you may decide to exit on the profit you get. Most of the time, the loss is considerably not high. So, it is easy to take a decision to accept this loss. Most of the time, I don't take a prompt action, I wait for an hour or two hours to see where is the price going to. The beauty about H4 TF is that you don't need to watch the chart all the time. It is enough to watch once every 2 hours to take an overview about where is your position in the market :). You will feel that you are in control (most of the time).

*** Now, we have had entered in the direction of the trend and the confirmation of the all indicators. In most of the cases, you will notice that the equity will increase in short of time because we already perfectly entered the market with a high percentage rate of sucess. If you decide to extract, for example, 400 or 500 pips a day, then when ever you reach this number of pips, you have to close all your open positions and un-check "Allow live trading" for all the pairs. The most important point is not to be greedy. Do not increase the # of daily pips until you feel confident to go further. Wait for tomorrow for new entries, and do the same as yesterday.

*** Before start trading, calculate the risk percentage you accept and divide it on the number of currency pairs you will open, so, you can calculate the lot size. Remember all the time, Money Management is the key to sucess in the financial markets. How about having very high profit system and using perfect money management!.

The chart below shows how we enter the market (1) when the MA's has value divergence (increasing the distance between Red and Yellow lines). (2) Shows that at the highest high of the candle at the top of channel the distance between Red and Yellow lines was optimum which means that the profit was optimum too. After a few candles, the distance between MA's starts to decrease (means, profit will start to decrease), so, at this point we will try to get out of trading this pair at the best profit we can get. (3) You may be notice that the EA opened a short trade while the Red MA is above Yellow one. This is not a programming mistake. EA opens a trade as soon as it get a confirmation form indicators regardless to the closing of the candles. This means that the price was too low on that candle and the Short position indicator confirmation was triggered. For this reason, Closing the positions on the begining of the decreasing of distance between MA lines is essential for maximum profit, also, un-chicking "Allow live trading" is too important.

BBS_v1Comments.gif
The idea behind getting maximum daily profit !

I did my best to describe the idea. I wish that my language is clear. English is not my mother language!.
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:56 pm

This is the template file for the EA !

bbs_sma_filter.tpl
(17.37 KiB) Downloaded 2477 times
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:16 am

You may use this template. It is the same as the previous one, but it already disables "Allow live trading" option from the EA options.

The teplate is for the first version "BBS_SMA_filter.mq4". It offers less human work :)

bbs_sma_filter.tpl
Template for first version with disapled "Allow live trading"
(17.36 KiB) Downloaded 2061 times
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:37 am

This is live entry from my account ! I took it few minutes ago.

Notice that EURCHF has bigger chance to win more pips than EURUSD because the moving averages on the first are going north stronger than the second pair.

When ever I got my daily pips, I close all positions and go for rest :)

Live_19_7_2010.GIF
Live ...

Happy trading !

O. Shaban
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:52 am

Only 3 pairs are opened for today. This is live shot from my screen.

Live_trade_18_7_2000_2.GIF
Oshaban

I'm SORRY ... I did a big mistake !

Postby Oshaban » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:20 am

Hi all,

I'm so sorry that I did a big mistake about uploading the wrong version of the EA,

I received some emails asking me about many orders opened and closed within few seconds. That never happened with me.

Later I realised that I uploaded the wrong version. So, please re-download the the attached EA and template as well.

SMA filter is changed to SMA20, it gives more chances and earlier entry point.

The image is a screen shot from my screen, I noticed a big difference between SMA100 and SMA20 filters.

BBS_SMA_filter.mq4
EA with SMA20 as a direction filter
(5.58 KiB) Downloaded 3283 times

bbs_sma_filter.tpl
Template for EA with SMA20
(17.37 KiB) Downloaded 2874 times

Live_trade_19_7_2000_1.GIF
Few minutes ago from my screen !

Please write your positive or negative comments about this system / EA ... The system is still under improvement, It is too profitable, but better improvement means more and more profit :)

Sincerely yours,
O. Shaban
Oshaban

Postby Onyebuchim » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi,

I'm a big fan of moving average systems with high precision settings. Although i feel an EA like this would be a welcome development if it carries out the logic properly.
I seem not to understand the guidelines on how to use the EA. I'm testing it on 1HR pairs. After placing the EA and allowed it to take trades, nothing happened.
Moreover the screenshots to me does not conform to the guidelines you explained earlier on.

I assume the EA is supposed to be turned on or check the Allow Live Trading when an entry is about to begin (I'm i right?)
Is the 1HR charts ok to trade with?
Is it ok to change the timeframe in the settings to the timeframe i want to use?
Can i reduce the lot size?

Please kindly upload more trades you've taken recently and indicate the spots u entered and the reasons for the actions. I think it might help out.

Thanks for the good work
Onyebuchim

Next

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems