Basic Balanced System (Expert Advisor included)

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Re: Basic Balanced System (Expert Advisor included)

Postby kobe334 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Oshaban wrote:
Onyebuchim wrote:Hi, Oshaban

To further add to your intention of tweaking the EA further, i would like to suggest that the Version 2 be coded in a way that the EA would automatically place an order after the 10 & 5 EMA crosses over the 20 MA all things being equal. This would enable quick entry when the trend is building at the beginning.

Do you mean the EA should enter the market Long after the cross of EMA5 and EMA10 (EMA5 is above) and they are above SMA20 and vise versa for the Short!

Also including the RSI and stoch indicator directions?
kobe334

Postby Onyebuchim » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:06 am

Oshaban wrote:

To further add to your intention of tweaking the EA further, i would like to suggest that the Version 2 be coded in a way that the EA would automatically place an order after the 10 & 5 EMA crosses over the 20 MA all things being equal. This would enable quick entry when the trend is building at the beginning.

Do you mean the EA should enter the market Long after the cross of EMA5 and EMA10 (EMA5 is above) and they are above SMA20 and vise versa for the Short!

Yes.

REASON
Like i earlier described my personal moving average system. when i looked back e.g 1 month data with the plotted MA's, I found that in every 20 crosses they were 10 to 15 valid crosses that with the trend hanging on for many days and weeks. While the false crosses which were more like ranges and market undecision were less than 5 to 6. So filtering the best crosses was my challenge.
I'm saying that if for example we follow every cross and out of 20 crosses, 10 to 15 were valid then the profit outcome would far outweigh the false crosses.

If you need more clarification then i'll explain indepth of my personal MA system. The difference btw mine and this system is the Indicator setings.
Onyebuchim

Postby Oshaban » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:28 am

Onyebuchim wrote:
Oshaban wrote:

Yes.

REASON
Like i earlier described my personal moving average system. when i looked back e.g 1 month data with the plotted MA's, I found that in every 20 crosses they were 10 to 15 valid crosses that with the trend hanging on for many days and weeks. While the false crosses which were more like ranges and market undecision were less than 5 to 6. So filtering the best crosses was my challenge.
I'm saying that if for example we follow every cross and out of 20 crosses, 10 to 15 were valid then the profit outcome would far outweigh the false crosses.

If you need more clarification then i'll explain indepth of my personal MA system. The difference btw mine and this system is the Indicator setings.

Yes, please tell me your system. Our goal is to have better system. If it works better than this system, why we stuck to this! :)
Oshaban

Postby Onyebuchim » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:30 am

Hi Oshaban,

I'll need to attach lots of illustrations and explanations of my personal system which might be bulky to upload for easy understanding. I'm thinking of sending it to your email or if its possible create a space here to send to you.
Onyebuchim

Postby Oshaban » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:25 am

Onyebuchim wrote:Hi Oshaban,

I'll need to attach lots of illustrations and explanations of my personal system which might be bulky to upload for easy understanding. I'm thinking of sending it to your email or if its possible create a space here to send to you.

Ok, you may send it to my email at [email protected]
Thanks
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Rom wrote:Hi Oshaban

I propose adding lotsize risk management that will work on multicurrency trading

Risk_Manager_for_BBS.mq4

regards kjell

Hi Rom,

I downloaded your Risk Manager code and inserted it into oone of my codes ubt I got Zero Divide error.
I try to follow the code to know the idea behind. As I knew it divides the risk value on SL pips but after
that I really lost the track.

Would you please review the code again.

Thanks,
O. Shaban
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Oshaban wrote:
Rom wrote:Hi Oshaban

I propose adding lotsize risk management that will work on multicurrency trading

Risk_Manager_for_BBS.mq4

regards kjell

Hi Rom,

I downloaded your Risk Manager code and inserted it into oone of my codes ubt I got Zero Divide error.
I try to follow the code to know the idea behind. As I knew it divides the risk value on SL pips but after
that I really lost the track.

Would you please review the code again.

Thanks,
O. Shaban

I'm sorry. I should point my request to Kjell :)
I'm not concentrating these days at all.
Oshaban

Postby Onyebuchim » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Oshaban wrote:

Thanks

I've sent a comprehensive description of my system to your email
Onyebuchim

Postby Oshaban » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Onyebuchim wrote:
Oshaban wrote:

Thanks

I've sent a comprehensive description of my system to your email

Received. Thanks :)
Oshaban

Postby Oshaban » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Rom wrote:
I try to follow the code to know the idea behind. As I knew it divides the risk value on SL pips but after that I really lost the track.

I did not get any div error when backtesting this code.

BBS_SMA_filter_risk_manager.mq4

kjell

Thanks, Kjell.
Oshaban

PreviousNext

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems