Advanced Strategy # 1 - The Midnight Strategy

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Re: Advanced Strategy # 1 - The Midnight Strategy

Postby winny » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:23 am

iS ANYBODY STILL USING THIS STRATEGY .. IF YES PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL.. MY EMAIL GOES [email protected]

I have backtested the strategy for 3 years for Pound - dollar, euro -dollar and usd -yen...these are the rules
in euro and poun i used minimum size 90 with the usd yen it was 70..
I only and only had one t.p. 100 pip..and i would no close the opposite order unitl 100 pips would be hit .. if my stoploss would get hit and the other order filled i would again wait for either stop. or 100 pip t,p.
I didnt use any filters or any other pivot poins or anything else simpel these rules for 3 year for the 3 pairs the results are the following...

Euro USD from 14.11.2008 i had 54 Trades, which resulted in 46 profitable trades with 100 pip profit and so i had 4600 pips profit and i had 2180 pips loosing trades in totall a gain of 2420 pips in avarage i had a profit of 86 pips i think ..

Pound USD 3.3.2008 till today i had 73 Trades 6500pips profit and 3130 pips loss in totall a gain of 3370 pips in like 36 months i had an average 93 pip in month

USD Yen from 18.03.2008 till now i had 55 trades 5100 profitbale pips and 2890 negative pips in totall 2210 pips profit..61 pip avearage in month

does anybody still trade this stratagy would be nice if they could share their experiences.. for now i think it would only make sence to trade a lot of pairs of course backtested and put like 1 or half prozent of your balance at risk at every pair so in totall 5% in totall and in this you would i am sure one day havea big loss or 2 in a row because when the market is choppy i think it will be choppy in other pairs as well and maybe you will get the double stop loss but i dont know .. i think the end result counts so you would make a good nice profit from it . i will continue to backtest the other majors like aud , and nzd and then go also to crosses .. let me know if anybody want to help me ..
winny

Postby daijobudesune » Sat May 07, 2011 4:53 am

Hi, I'm looking at this one, but have only been testing it for a week so will post any results. However, I think my level of knowledge is lower than most on this forum. I'm mainly looking at the rules from a coding point of view. I'd also be satisfied with 50 pips if it meant more wins than losses - rightly or wrongly - but I'm only just crawling out of newbie status.

Is anyone finding that a doji or hammer / shooting star has an impact on a win or a loss, or whether to trade or not? If so, what would the parameters be for what constitutes 'nearly' a doji? I could post an MT4 indicator if someone could provide the guidance. E.g., body less than 10 pips (I think Edward posted probably a few years ago now).

Interesting that you're leaving the counter trade in until the first one hits the take profit. Didn't think of that. Good idea! Will test.
Regards, Dai.
daijobudesune

Postby daijobudesune » Wed May 25, 2011 6:42 am

Results are mixed on this so far. Trying it on cable, eur, aud and jpy; just trying to grab 50 pips each pair, each day, without letting anything run, with similar stop loss. Much more testing needed. As with all of these, money management would probably see this one work. early days for me on this one yet. Anyway, back to it...
Regards, Dai.
daijobudesune

Postby sheppy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm just looking at this strategy, and being in New Zealand (GMT + 12) it's ideal for me. Has anyone considered adding 200EMA, 50EMA and 20EMA and looking for higher targets in the trend direction compared to against the trend as well as only entering when it bounces off one of the Ema's or starts it's retracement back towards one?
sheppy

Re: EA: The Midnight Strategy

Postby sarathbs » Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 am

Hi, From where did you downloaded this EA? Morning GMT in my server is too early for me, and looking for an EA for this.

Thanks in Advance !

n11 wrote:I have just download EA: midnight_setup_gu_1. I have some questions to Edward, Dogberry2009 or anyone:

1) Can I have a guideline/manual showing How to Use the EA correctly (setup the parameters).
For instance, look at the inputs of EA (see picture enclosed), i do not know how to set the parameters
because no manual or guideline for them

2) Does word " gu " means this EA only used for GBP/USD pair ?

Thanks

n11
sarathbs

Postby sarathbs » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:11 am

Is midnight strategy no more valid in US? I am getting a "Hedging is Prohibited" error from my MBT terminal !! :x
sarathbs

Postby ironmine » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:34 am

Hello Edward!

In 2 days it will be 2016. So, what's the verdict on this Midnight Setup System after all these years? Do you still favor it?
ironmine

Postby ironmine » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:31 pm

Do the markets in 2015 still look tradable based on this strategy?
ironmine

Postby ironmine » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:06 am

I am quite interested now in this strategy, I try it now on a demo account.

Is it still popular?
ironmine

Postby nair » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:04 am

sarathbs wrote:Is midnight strategy no more valid in US? I am getting a "Hedging is Prohibited" error from my MBT terminal !! :x

Here it is sarath

http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/ad ... p/cpage-21 go for it on EDward's post.
Anyway always do a bit of search to find it.FSR site is the first rocket launcher.
regards
nair
nair

Previous

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems