Advanced strategy #10(Trend Line Trading Strategy) - ENJOY !

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Re: Advanced strategy #10(Trend Line Trading Strategy) - ENJ

Postby aserafino » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:11 pm

Is this thread still active?
aserafino

Postby visualxray » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:03 am

aserafino wrote:Is this thread still active?

Well if it isn't you could always try & submit an on-topic post to see if you can stimulate any more interest in it.
visualxray

Postby aserafino » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:31 am

Yes :)

I would like to ask if someone traded this strategy for at least 3 months and was profitable. It's important to know if this strategy is consistently profitable in the longterm view. Please let us know...
aserafino

Postby visualxray » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:52 pm

aserafino wrote:I would like to ask if someone traded this strategy for at least 3 months and was profitable. It's important to know if this strategy is consistently profitable in the longterm view.

So if 4 people replied to your request, 1 reported good, consistent profitability going back 9 months, 1 only barely profitable over a 12 month period & 2 extremely unprofitable over a 6-12 month period of time - what conclusions would you draw about the viability of the method?
visualxray

Postby FXmike » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:01 am

visualxray wrote:So if 4 people replied to your request, 1 reported good, consistent profitability going back 9 months, 1 only barely profitable over a 12 month period & 2 extremely unprofitable over a 6-12 month period of time - what conclusions would you draw about the viability of the method?

the conclusion of your example would be "overall - unprofitable", but it depends a lot on how every trader aplies the strategy...
and i understand your point that only because other trader say it's profitable or unprofitable that doesn't mean that it has to be the same for you too, but i also understand aserafino trying to get some feeling for the profitability of this strategy...
or would you trade a strategy that everybody calls unprofitable?
without asking you will never get to know other opinions...

i think this strategy is quite interesting and worth trying, and with some personal modifications it might be quite profitable...
FXmike

Postby visualxray » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:25 am

Actually the conclusion would be......don't pay any attention whatsoever to the comments of anyone without first knowing a lot more about their risk attitude, experience levels, initial approach & trading objectives, especially if you witness very different results from a common and/or simple structure or framework.

Unless & until you know a lot more about those extremely important & pertinent criteria, then any comments directly relating to whether a particular view or approach is profitable or not is totally irrelevant.

A poor discretionary strategy in the right (experienced) hands can be traded profitably providing the structure is robust from the outset. The odd tweak here & there from an experienced traders eye can make an enormous difference to the eventual outcome.

A solid & robust strategy in the wrong (inexperienced/novices) hands however can be steered into the ditch very easily, as is evidenced so regularly when browsing around the various trading forums.

The bottom line:
If it appears valid, robust & is based on common sense, then roll up your sleeves & see if you can calibrate it to suit your own individual style, risk attitude & specific trade objectives.
visualxray

Postby raja » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:59 am

MY FIRST DEMO TRADE
Attachments
gbpchf.jpg
raja

Postby aserafino » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:28 am

I know what you mean viaualxray and I agree...

But can I nevertheless ask you how you have done with this strategy? How long have you tested this strategy and what where your results?

Thanks
aserafino

Postby visualxray » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:37 am

I don't use trend lines & therefore don't trade this strategy aserafino.
I use a hybrid of the type of approach presented on the Technical Templates thread.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a response to your query though.
You might want to go in search of something that attracts a little more active participation.
visualxray

Postby ciizviizl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:09 am

OK guys, lets try to keep this thread alive. I entered a possible setup as per strategy: EUR/GBP BUY 0.8006, SL: 0.7975, TGT: 0.8150. see attached pic.

EURGBP.jpg

Any comments are welcome.
ciizviizl

PreviousNext

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems