Advanced strategy #10(Trend Line Trading Strategy) - ENJOY !

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Re: Advanced strategy #10(Trend Line Trading Strategy) - ENJOY !

Postby ciizviizl » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:02 pm

OK guys, I think there is no need to dispute.If anyone has read the thread carefully, it must be clear from the images that pauga posted what is the entry, SL and target. What would be more interesting for most people is to post the outcome of the trades- e.g. if profitable or SL hit, when exited the trade and why. I have read all the thread and also the previous one by Myronn aka SImpleforex and use his strategy, but I am still entering too many trades (typically in 1HR TF), most of which eventually end in SL being hit. Anyway, I also entered both GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY trades as pauga posted (my entries were on 1HR TF as I said), because I saw the same picture and the same trendlines. I think, we should share the results of the trades as well, not only the entries.
ciizviizl

Postby visualxray » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:50 am

ciizviizl wrote:What would be more interesting for most people is to post the outcome of the trades- e.g. if profitable or SL hit, when exited the trade and why.
I think we should have the results of the trades as well, not only the entries.

But surely there will be wild fluctuations between individuals trading even the same method which would render such an exercise pointless.
One reason for that being the individuals overall (trading) experience.
Another would be the specific aims & expectations for a particular trade of one person over another.
But the most obvious will be account balance/funding, which is known to heavily influence degrees of risk & psychological tolerances.

Regardless of what you read, hear or see posted around these forums, a person trading a valid & robust method with $1,000 in their account will approach risk, trade duration & more crucially (quality) trade execution very differently indeed from someone with $10,000 or $20,000 to play with, even if they have quite similar levels of aptitude.
visualxray

Postby Eidriel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:03 am

Most of my trades usually hit SL too.

I dont know what is the winning % of this strategy, I have read somewhere that it is around 50-60%? But im definitely experiencing much less than that, like 20-30% at most.

Maybe something is wrong with the way I am executing it. Anyway this is just one of the example of the many losing trades I have been experiencing. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

My buy stop got activated, but later hit my SL.
Attachments
trendid.gif
Eidriel

Postby Starry » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm

eurjpy.png
Starry

Re: Advanced strategy #10(Trend Line Trading Strategy) - ENJ

Postby Starry » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:30 am

EURJPY took profit. Price 102.34 S/L 102.609 initial t/p 101.37. I took profit early because i saw it hit a channel resistance, but still a good profit! Profit 124.03.
Starry

Postby aserafino » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:11 pm

Is this thread still active?
aserafino

Postby visualxray » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:03 am

aserafino wrote:Is this thread still active?

Well if it isn't you could always try & submit an on-topic post to see if you can stimulate any more interest in it.
visualxray

Postby aserafino » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:31 am

Yes :)

I would like to ask if someone traded this strategy for at least 3 months and was profitable. It's important to know if this strategy is consistently profitable in the longterm view. Please let us know...
aserafino

Postby visualxray » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:52 pm

aserafino wrote:I would like to ask if someone traded this strategy for at least 3 months and was profitable. It's important to know if this strategy is consistently profitable in the longterm view.

So if 4 people replied to your request, 1 reported good, consistent profitability going back 9 months, 1 only barely profitable over a 12 month period & 2 extremely unprofitable over a 6-12 month period of time - what conclusions would you draw about the viability of the method?
visualxray

Postby FXmike » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:01 am

visualxray wrote:So if 4 people replied to your request, 1 reported good, consistent profitability going back 9 months, 1 only barely profitable over a 12 month period & 2 extremely unprofitable over a 6-12 month period of time - what conclusions would you draw about the viability of the method?

the conclusion of your example would be "overall - unprofitable", but it depends a lot on how every trader aplies the strategy...
and i understand your point that only because other trader say it's profitable or unprofitable that doesn't mean that it has to be the same for you too, but i also understand aserafino trying to get some feeling for the profitability of this strategy...
or would you trade a strategy that everybody calls unprofitable?
without asking you will never get to know other opinions...

i think this strategy is quite interesting and worth trying, and with some personal modifications it might be quite profitable...
FXmike

PreviousNext

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems