Advanced strategy #10(Trend Line Trading Strategy) - ENJOY !

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Re: Advanced strategy #10(Trend Line Trading Strategy) - ENJOY !

Postby TrendTrader » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 pm

simpleforex wrote:
Moriarty wrote:hey all. read and reread this thread a million times. have been using this strategy for quite a while but still have problems understanding things... Glad that Simpleforex is back. What do you guys think.. where is the eurusd most likely to go?

good trade mate...

also got into that one...been running for almost 2days now.

im still bearish on the eurusd but lets wait & see.

Hi mate, I am glad to see you back and see this wonderful thread back.

This thread is where I learnt to trade, where I learnt where to place my stop losses and where to take profits, where I Learnt how manage my money and deal with leverage and and and... and thanks to you brother.

I am on a long vacation right now and the wonderful thing is, I am still trading and trading overseas wherever I am. I am doing stocks at the moment and I am doing great with this same strategy. the only difference with stocks is, I only have 2:1 leverage and there is no place for over leveraging ;). The strategy is the same and works a lot easier also with stocks, options, commodities or anything else that has charts and candles to analyse.

My hat goes off to you mate for my success!

My respect
"Proper patience is needed throughout the lifecycle of the trade, at entry, while holding and exit" Dennis Gartman
“Self discipline is when your conscience tells you to do something & you don’t talk back.” W. K. Hope.
TrendTrader

Postby simpleforex » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:05 pm

TrendTrader wrote:
simpleforex wrote:
Moriarty wrote:hey all. read and reread this thread a million times. have been using this strategy for quite a while but still have problems understanding things... Glad that Simpleforex is back. What do you guys think.. where is the eurusd most likely to go?

good trade mate...

also got into that one...been running for almost 2days now.

im still bearish on the eurusd but lets wait & see.

Hi mate, I am glad to see you back and see this wonderful thread back.

This thread is where I learnt to trade, where I learnt where to place my stop losses and where to take profits, where I Learnt how manage my money and deal with leverage and and and... and thanks to you brother.

I am on a long vacation right now and the wonderful thing is, I am still trading and trading overseas wherever I am. I am doing stocks at the moment and I am doing great with this same strategy. the only difference with stocks is, I only have 2:1 leverage and there is no place for over leveraging ;). The strategy is the same and works a lot easier also with stocks, options, commodities or anything else that has charts and candles to analyse.

My hat goes off to you mate for my success!

My respect

:)
simpleforex

Postby simpleforex » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:08 pm

just some few trading tips on inside and outside trendlines...

see the charts...
simpleforex

Postby simpleforex » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Attachments
eurusd-daily.gif
daily
eurusd-1hr.gif
1hr
simpleforex

Postby Eidriel » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:39 am

Hello guys

I have been following this strategy for awhile. However I have a question which I need simpleforex or anyone of you kind souls help :)

Look at the 2 charts below which I have drawn the trendlines for. I am using swingZZ indicator and it seems that there are too many peaks and troughs to draw the trendlines, leading to a bundle of lines.
Am I doing this correctly?

If so, how do I know when to enter the trade? Which trendline should the price touch since they are all rather near to each other.

Thanks for all the help!
Attachments
02.gif
01.gif
Eidriel

Postby Moriarty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:21 am

hello all
Attachments
audusd_h1.jpg
Moriarty

Postby Moriarty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:20 am

Went short on the eurusd again. we'll see...
Attachments
eurusd_1h.jpg
Moriarty

Postby simpleforex » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:41 am

Eidriel wrote:Hello guys

I have been following this strategy for awhile. However I have a question which I need simpleforex or anyone of you kind souls help :)

Look at the 2 charts below which I have drawn the trendlines for. I am using swingZZ indicator and it seems that there are too many peaks and troughs to draw the trendlines, leading to a bundle of lines.
Am I doing this correctly?

If so, how do I know when to enter the trade? Which trendline should the price touch since they are all rather near to each other.

Thanks for all the help!

Eidriel,
Qn1: are you doing that correctly?
Ans:yes, look ok to me.

Qn2:how do you know when to trade?
Ans:When price touches the trendlines you have drawn.

Qn3: Which trendline should the price touch since they are all near to each other?
Ans: go back a few posts back where i mentioned something about "inside" and "outside" trendlines. Generally, outside trendlines are trendlines drawn off the 4hr,daily, and larger timeframes. These often have much more influence than those drawn from smaller timeframes. if trendlines are close together and you have an outside trendline close by, best bet would be wait for price to come and touch the outside trendline then you get into a trade. This may sould too complex but its really simple: draw trendlines only from the daily, wkly & or 4hr timeframes and base your trades off these. smaller timeframes like 1hr, 30min, 15min, and even 5min should be used to enter those trades that are setting up from the larger timeframes.

hope this helps.
simpleforex

Postby simpleforex » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:56 am

Moriarty wrote:Went short on the eurusd again. we'll see...

good one, Moriarty.
Attachments
eurusd-daily.gif
EURUSD TRADE
simpleforex

Postby Moriarty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:25 am

simpleforex wrote:
good one, Moriarty.

Thanks, Simpleforex.. we'll see if that one works out

need to keep an eye on this one:
Attachments
usdchf_4h.jpg
Moriarty

PreviousNext

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems