Advanced strategy #10(Trend Line Trading Strategy) - ENJOY !

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Re: Advanced strategy #10(Trend Line Trading Strategy) - ENJ

Postby visualxray » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:25 am

Actually the conclusion would be......don't pay any attention whatsoever to the comments of anyone without first knowing a lot more about their risk attitude, experience levels, initial approach & trading objectives, especially if you witness very different results from a common and/or simple structure or framework.

Unless & until you know a lot more about those extremely important & pertinent criteria, then any comments directly relating to whether a particular view or approach is profitable or not is totally irrelevant.

A poor discretionary strategy in the right (experienced) hands can be traded profitably providing the structure is robust from the outset. The odd tweak here & there from an experienced traders eye can make an enormous difference to the eventual outcome.

A solid & robust strategy in the wrong (inexperienced/novices) hands however can be steered into the ditch very easily, as is evidenced so regularly when browsing around the various trading forums.

The bottom line:
If it appears valid, robust & is based on common sense, then roll up your sleeves & see if you can calibrate it to suit your own individual style, risk attitude & specific trade objectives.
visualxray

Postby raja » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:59 am

MY FIRST DEMO TRADE
Attachments
gbpchf.jpg
raja

Postby aserafino » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:28 am

I know what you mean viaualxray and I agree...

But can I nevertheless ask you how you have done with this strategy? How long have you tested this strategy and what where your results?

Thanks
aserafino

Postby visualxray » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:37 am

I don't use trend lines & therefore don't trade this strategy aserafino.
I use a hybrid of the type of approach presented on the Technical Templates thread.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a response to your query though.
You might want to go in search of something that attracts a little more active participation.
visualxray

Postby ciizviizl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:09 am

OK guys, lets try to keep this thread alive. I entered a possible setup as per strategy: EUR/GBP BUY 0.8006, SL: 0.7975, TGT: 0.8150. see attached pic.

EURGBP.jpg

Any comments are welcome.
ciizviizl

Postby kendismann » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Hej All

I am new to forex trading, and I saw this trend trading strategy which makes sense, I need to ask you all, if anybody is making money using this strategy?

The creator of this system is Myronn, and he is not posting anymore about his account history!

Regards

Alex Y
kendismann

Postby ciizviizl » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 pm

The EUR/GBP trade did not work out, I exited at break even.

Possible setup forming now for USD/JPY (on 1 HR TF), BUY 80.01, S/L 79.70, T/P 81.55

USDJPYH4.jpg
ciizviizl

Postby ciizviizl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 am

kendismann wrote:Hej All

I am new to forex trading, and I saw this trend trading strategy which makes sense, I need to ask you all, if anybody is making money using this strategy?

The creator of this system is Myronn, and he is not posting anymore about his account history!

Regards

Alex Y

Hi Alex,

I think the strategy is still valid. I am trading it live but so far being break-even. I am still learning how to trade it correctly... I am still struggling in identifying the correct setups, so my winning percentage of trades is somewhere between 20-25%. This said, I am not loosing money, even with this low winning trades percentage. I believe that if one masters to identify the best entries and to skip the less probable setups and shift the winning percentage to say 30-40% or more if you are good :D , one will make money. But for this one needs a lot of practice...and the best is trade it live... with small amounts. Because you need to first learn how to avoid the emotional side of trading (loosing/winning mood swings).
I will try to post some setups here and spark the interest, because only if more people post and identify the opportunities, we can learn how to apply the strategy correctly.

Cheers

BTW, I cancelled the USD/JPY trade setup because the TL was broken with the 1HR candle close below.
ciizviizl

Postby ciizviizl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Have entered a possible long USD/JPY trade.

usd jpy.jpg
ciizviizl

Postby aserafino » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi traders

I have coded a little EA to trade this strategy. You just have to draw the trendlines and it trades for you!

Functions:

- Automatic trading on touch of TL (for aggressive traders)
- get mt4 push notification to mobile phone on touch of TL. You can also set an amount of pips away from TL to alert you in time
- set times when to trade automatically (example: to filtering news or when you are away)
- set times when to alert you
- SL, TP and lots to trade
- possible to trade multiple trendlines

This EA does really simplify it for trading automatic and to still have control over the trades. It's good for people that can not be in front of the computer or even don't want to.

If anyone is interested in this EA pm me at:
a.serafino (at) hotmail dot com (written it like this for spammers)

Safe trading
aserafino
aserafino

PreviousNext

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems