Advanced System #3 - Neat Entry...

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

outside the box

Postby zilly » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:54 am

Here's a pretty cool way you can pull the core principles of this strategy together to assist with locating opportunities on other complimentary timeframes.
Take a look at an example from this week on the aus/usd pair to better illustrate the potential of this core strategy.

The daily chart is displaying clear bullish tendancies. Price is trending above the 150 simple moving average & stochastics are in bullish mode off the lows too. You can see that when the stochastic pulls back in line with the price action & begins turning back up it corresponds with typically bullish crowd psychology by forming hammers & high close bullish bars at those pullback area's.

Once you've identified a clear directional bias from the daily chart, you can drill down into the hourly charts & begin preparing to spot "long only" opportunities by trading pullbacks at levels coinciding with an oversold signal in the stochastic on that timeframe.
I'll use a 60 minute for example purposes & you can see that during the beginning of the Far Eastern business sessions of Monday & yesterday the Aussie pulled back & formed these typical bar displays as the stochastic was bottoming & getting ready to turn up on this timeframe too.
Ignoring the opposite (bearish) signals & focusing only on the long signals will ensure you're trading from the right side of the directional momentum.

If you prefer to look for long orders during your own trading business timezone, you can either enter off the hourly or drop down into a 15 minute chart & only look for long entry opportunities from that chart following the same concept of the other 2 higher timeframe triggers.
zilly

outside the box

Postby jack mason » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:19 am

Hi zilly,
That example & general scenario is very similar to the style & generics presented in the Combination Strategies thread, which I see you've also recently posted on.

Not only does it consistently follow a very logical sequence of repeatable events, but ensures the trader is putting the lower risk/higher potential opportunities on their side as often as possible.

It's quite a stress free style of trading & one that can be easily applied across a varied selection of timeframes, as you've so expertly demonstrated.

I've just scanned through a few other pairs using the daily as a default reference & very quickly identified short intraday opportunities this week in eurchf, usdcad & of course long opportunities in eurusd, gbpusd & the audusd.
As I say, it's not too far removed from the thread I mentioned above, so I've added the daily set up here to my normal analysis check list as an additional confirmation reference. 8)

Welcome to the forum.
jack mason

Re: outside the box

Postby zilly » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:22 am

jack mason wrote:Hi zilly,
That example & general scenario is very similar to the style & generics presented in the Combination Strategies thread, which I see you've also recently posted on.

Not only does it consistently follow a very logical sequence of repeatable events, but ensures the trader is putting the lower risk/higher potential opportunities on their side as often as possible.

Howdy doo Jack,
Yes most of these simple trend & momentum based models follow very similar patterns & styles.
They're not difficult to apply or manage, the trick is not to overcomplicate them & follow a logical sequence of events.

That Aussie example has offered another entry opportunity during todays regional session I see.
No point in posting up the daily chart as we know that one is bullish, so all you need do is keep an eye on the hourly & the 15 minute charts for low risk opportunities to get with the program again.

Hourly chart deflated & pulled back from the highs during yesterdays european & new york trade sessions back to that huge 1.1000 support level & the stochastic began turning up again at the start of the Asian trading session. Notice once again the bar construction at that support level?
Dojis, spinning tops & high close bars. That's the type of behavior you want to see when price butts up against strong support or resistance zones.

When you see that type of price action forming just drill down into the 15 minute & look for similar behavior playing out down on that timeframe too.
Sure enough you get 2 bites at the cherry at the circled levels. The first one coinciding with that hourly turn & the second as the stochs are hooking up again off the pullback.
zilly

Re: Advanced System #3 - Neat Entry...

Postby szgy74 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi,

recently I have thought of some of my earlier readings that mentioned the usage of RSI trendlines.
here was the first, on the comment page of this strategy:

http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/ad ... ic/cpage-8

and the another on divergences:
http://www.tradeology.com/hidden-divergence-a.html

I quickly created an indicator that displays RSI trendline. It is the default MT4 RSI indicator but with
an added trendline. The second parameter "TL_bars" may be 1 or 2, it is the count of how many bars
define a swing high/low of a trendline. You may see the difference on the example attached. in my
opinion 2 is better.

It seems to be a quite good confirmation method using RSI 14 or 21. I created some examples with this strategy too.

I don't know any strategy (except of the 2 mentioned above) that uses this feature of RSI but I would
be glad to know more if anybody is aware of something like that.

regards,
Gyula
Attachments
rsi-tl 4.gif
rsi-tl 3.gif
rsi-tl 2.gif
rsi-tl.gif
RSI-TL.mq4
(5.96 KiB) Downloaded 2093 times
szgy74

Postby szgy74 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:58 am

Hi,

Once I have created an indicator to display neat entry signals. here it is attached, and an example screenshot.
You can change the parameters to use 150 SMA or not, or change the SMA value. I have added the EMA 9 rule,
you can turn it on in the parameters. It seems the entries are somewhat later but less losing. It makes better
entries on lower timeframes. Here is a template too. (copy it to Program FIles/MT4/templates/ dir.)

regards,
Gyula
Attachments
neat_entry.tpl
(2.06 KiB) Downloaded 2213 times
neat_entry.gif
gy_adv3-Neat Entry RSI Signal.mq4
(7.04 KiB) Downloaded 2074 times
szgy74

Postby Haydel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Hello every one,

It's been a long time since my last post.

Conditions were met for GBPUSD and EURUSD so we can expect a downtrend during the following days.

Since Neat Entry signal was very clear this time I just went short on EURUSD and GBPUSD.

I'm expecting at least 100 to 150 pips on each trade.

We will see how the trade develops.

Happy trading!
Attachments
EURUSD D1 2011-10-26.png
EURUSD
GBPUSD D1 2011-10-26.png
GBPUSD
Haydel

Postby s231 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:39 am

Hey

How does computer timezone affect this system?

I mean my computer clock is Eastern European Time (EET) +02:00 UTC

Practicing FXCM Micro trading station and their time is -04:00 UTC

So new daily candle performs 00.00 from my computer time but other world does not see new daily candle yet.

Should i change my timezone to US or London time?
s231

Postby nikodine » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Hey
I know that the topic is old... but is there still people who use this strategy? :)
nikodine

Postby FXmike » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 am

hey nikodine,

i used this strategy during some time and although i only had 50% winners i made some nice profits...
FXmike

Postby deferick » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi All,

Any members here still using this method, mind to share the outcome?

Best regards,

KO
deferick

Previous

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems