Hey RN,

i probably explained myself wrong...i was pointing to this:

Comments on that?
..Be the miracle...
jcpfx

Range v/s Trend

Postby round number » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:52 pm

I don't really have any additions jcp.
From my observations their discussion, including entry tactics, were based on hourly chart price action within the context of range conditions.
The eur/usd price action you triggered those long entries from 2 weeks ago were initiated within the context of trending conditions, albeit counter trend.

I'm not entirely sure I'm fully tuned into exactly what you're currently seeking to do, especially with the mention of your stops comments etc, but unless I'm reading it incorrectly, you placed (at your own admission) a counter trend long entry off the turn of a series of hourly lower high prints.
round number

steady as she goes..

Postby goldtop » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:51 pm

As round number said Justin, if whatever tactics you're currently utilizing are returning positive expectancy over an acceptable sample size of data then you're on the right track. Only you know what works for you.

It's the same bottom line you've heard many times before on here:
If you're fortunate to discover & fully empathize with an approach that sits comfortably with your style & risk appetite, continue to milk it until it tells you otherwise.

Most of the guys are still trading the same simple template presented here because the price action that continually inspires it & offers up the regular opportunities are dictated & orchestrated by the same repetitive human behavioral reaction traits.
If that wasn't the case the approach would have fizzled out & dissipated ages ago.

Folks won't swap or tamper with a successful template if there's no need to.
goldtop

Different strokes for different folks

Postby jcpfx » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Hey goldtop,

nice of you to stop by with the others...yeah i'll try to post some real time examples when they pop up but generally speaking it was my quest to use the good reaction leves (pdh/pdl, pwh/pwl, prior month's high/low) along with thick sup/res levels from the daily/weekly charts along with evident candle action on the 4H to try and feed a small possie into the market as close as possible to the source of a possible future move.

The trend approach is great and i have been using it with success in 2014. However, i felt that my arsenal was not yet complete...and this makes me feel complete to be honest. And since it has taken me more time to calm down and be patient & consistent, every once in a while i still feel the need to ask a question in public.

Best of luck to you too Goldtop!
..Be the miracle...
jcpfx

Example

Postby jcpfx » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:30 am

The quick reversal yesterday has provided one of my setups on Gold:

Basically indicator divergence on the 4H + evident rejection of a reactive level (prior month's low + current week's low).
Tokyo has been supportive so i'll either get a trigger on a bo/pb on the sub-hourly above the tokyo high or a fade of the tokyo low.

If the tokyo low does not hold, i will not be triggering this bet.
..Be the miracle...
jcpfx

Execution

Postby jcpfx » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:59 am

And here's the entry

Now lets see if Putin can help out my trade... :lol:
..Be the miracle...
jcpfx

Execution/2

Postby jcpfx » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:00 am

Gold has been on a steady rise all day, and it's stumbling on the 1302 stops. I have taken profit a few minutes ago at 1301.92 for almost a 4:1 R:R on this bet.

Those odds are good enough for me since it was a painless trade. From a peak/trough perspective, the trailing stop would be at 1298 but again, i'm happy with this return going into the weekend.
..Be the miracle...
jcpfx

Re: Technical Templates

Postby balat1990 » Thu May 15, 2014 3:07 am

it is really helpfull. we can learn more from this thread and make better signal
balat1990

Postby Gator » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:56 am

Returning here after a long hiatus, time to get back into the flow. JCPFX I saw you hanging out over on that other forum BP. Trying to teach the unwashed masses a thing or two? :) good luck with that.
Gator! bravely cruising the troll and sock puppet infested waters since 1980.
I recommend not losing, as a strategy.
Laissez les bon pips rouler!
Gator

Postby speedbump » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:45 am

Gator wrote:JCPFX, I saw you hanging out over on that other forum BP.
Trying to teach the unwashed masses a thing or two? :) good luck with that.

:lol: hahaha, yeah that place is clogged with course & seminar salesmen/shills, trolls & sock puppets.
You certainly require a solid pair of wellington boots when wading through all the sludge on there.
speedbump

PreviousNext

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems