Technical Templates

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Re: Technical Templates

Postby vuanh » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:56 am

this is basic analysis. i think we should follow this way. we will get better signal. each trader who want to trade with market. they want to find effective systerm . you should use this way
vuanh

Postby midgely88 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:38 pm

grantyboy wrote:After a hiatus where i drifted away (looking for more trading opportunities) i've come full circle.
Testament to the structure and logic of this technique.

It takes some beating grantyboy.
No matter what the conditions, the basic framework continues to offer a solid footing & plentiful opportunities to engage the market.

Volatility, average daily ranges & general market fluctuations have chopped & changed considerably since this thread was first introduced nearly 6 years ago yet it continues to jog along handsomely.
As you say, it's a testament to the logic & common sense approach of the set ups & triggers!
midgely88

Postby grantyboy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Keeping an eye on a couple of pairs at the moment. first up...GBPJPY. Looking for value and buying activity around the arrow at a Prev buy zone.

GBPJPYH1.png

A shorter term position given the approaching highs from mid June where there might be a few sellers waiting but also probably the last place to get seated before it gets there.

GBPJPYH4.png
grantyboy

Postby grantyboy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:53 pm

2nd one... EURAUD. Preferred over GBPAUD as the EUR is a bit weaker at the moment. Looking for value and selling activity around the arrow again but it's quite a wide band and daily trend is still up. Any progress above the weekly [email protected] would change my perspective to a buying bias but if selling does come in between 1.495 and 1.503 then initial target would be down around 1.485 and beyond that 1.47.

EURAUDH1.png
grantyboy

Postby grantyboy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:04 pm

EURAUD didn't quite make it back up to the Prev weekly low but has now broken the most recent H1 low. Therefore, I'm waiting for London open and then looking for shorts on retracement to the area of the white arrow.

EURAUDH1_revised.png
grantyboy

Postby grantyboy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:17 pm

grantyboy wrote:Keeping an eye on a couple of pairs at the moment. first up...GBPJPY. Looking for value and buying activity around the arrow at a Prev buy zone.

The attachment GBPJPYH1.png is no longer available

A shorter term position given the approaching highs from mid June where there might be a few sellers waiting but also probably the last place to get seated before it gets there.

The attachment GBPJPYH4.png is no longer available

GBPJPY update - With the news dive, I planned a scale in approach and entered a very small long position off the H1 lows. However, the bounce wasn't sustained and I couldn't keep an eye on it so scratched it for +45.

Sitting on the sidelines for now looking for any confirmed buying action from the current area or a break of the Weekly low which would have me shifting bias to the short side.

GBPJPYH1_after.png
grantyboy

Postby strobe » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:28 pm

grantyboy wrote:EURAUD didn't quite make it back up to the Prev weekly low but has now broken the most recent H1 low. Therefore, I'm waiting for London open and then looking for shorts on retracement to the area of the white arrow.

Looks like you got your pullback on that one :)

That GBP/JPY has been too choppy & bitty for my tastes, as have most of the majors.
The summer doldrums will affect & impact liquidity until we get into September but there are bits & pieces of (fx) value about if you look hard for it - Canadian Dollar for instance has, over the past few weeks, offered up pretty decent trend continuation/pullback opportunities via most of it's crosses particularly v/s US$, YEN & STERLING.

It pays to be very selective at this time of the year & your patience will be sorely tested, but it has it's rewards when price does eventually decide to go on a little run every now & then!

Good luck with your positions grantyboy.
strobe

Postby grantyboy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:37 am

Thanks strobe, I didnt trade the pullback in the end as I didnt see a clean entry trigger. Thanks for the pointers on CAD though which isnt normally a currency that I watch.

Patience wont be a problem. While I went looking for other ways of trading I reached a point where I effectively stopped trading until I rationalised what I was buying and where I was buying it in a way that made sense to me. That one thing means that if the trade isnt there I let it go with no regrets or panic because it makes no sense for me to buy.
grantyboy

Postby grantyboy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:45 am

GPYJPY and if we manage to get a pullback (not holding my breath) then I'm looking for selling opportunities around the mid to top of the white arrow.

GBPJPYD1.PNG

Otherwise will look for a break below 182.5 and selling signals from there.
grantyboy

Postby grantyboy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:53 am

A short term play from yesterday on EURCAD. I was looking for selling off the white arrow with an initial target down by the weekly lows. Got my signal but needed to leave so closed it out a bit early on the approach to London open for a 1R.

EURCADH1.PNG
grantyboy

PreviousNext

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems