Technical Templates

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Re: Technical Templates

Postby grantyboy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:19 am

midgely88 wrote:There's not much quality for trend traders out there on the currency front at all of late grantyboy.

I added back oil, gold & the indices onto my watch list from middle of 1st quarter & they've provided additional opportunities to supplement the slim pickings across the fx pairings.
I've also taken the advice of trimming back my profit expectations since the range contraction set in.
Set ups & entries are still in evidence but trade duration & profit objectives have definitely required to be adjusted this year.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've had a positive but very much 3 steps forward, 2 steps back year. Although I did manage to grab 40 Pips from GBPAUD today as it rebounded after the AUD news so was pretty happy to take the profit around 1.828.

I've changed my perspective on GBPJPY which seems to be in freefall. Since it blasted through where I was looking for support, I'm now looking for shorts on any retracement to the same zone around 173.5

I'm wondering if you (or anyone else who might stop by) has an explanation for the drop in volumes and volatility? Is it just market uncertainty or something else?. Timing wise I think it really started to slow down around the time the news came out about Banks rate fixing and currency manipulation. Don't know the validity of the claims but the timing did seem suspicious.
grantyboy

Postby strobe » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:51 am

grantyboy wrote:I'm wondering if you (or anyone else who might stop by) has an explanation for the drop in volumes and volatility? Is it just market uncertainty or something else?.

It seems to be a mixture of influences dictating the downturn in volumes/volatility from what I've read over the past 12 months or so.

Most regions out there are still attempting to haul themselves out of the ongoing economic stresses.
Similarly low interest rates & muted growth prospects (+ increasing debt mountains) net each other off & don't really offer much impetus to move large funding or investment capital from one trading region to another.

It doesn't help either when economic data output is mixed & inconsistent from one month to another. That will undoubtedly affect confidence & risk exposure.
Banks & institutional firms are still shedding jobs & merging departments & firms. New regulation hitting the industry will also be having an effect on capital exposure.

Markets & their participants are fickle creatures & uncertainty isn't something that encourages large capital outlay.
That alone will have a negative influence on volume & volatility.
strobe

Postby faryfx » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:43 pm

yes. we can make better signal. if we can understand the template in trade. the most indicator will combine with technical template in stategy. i use it
faryfx

Postby Gator » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Could some of the decrease in action in fx pairs also have something to do with time of year? Seems things kind of slow down in the summer months.
Gator! bravely cruising the troll and sock puppet infested waters since 1980.
I recommend not losing, as a strategy.
Laissez les bon pips rouler!
Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:14 pm

It's funny you should mention Gbp/Aud grantyboy, I just happened to be looking at that one last week and I did what is for me an unusually good analysis. I saw it coming off s/r at 1.835. One thing I ask myself is where is it coming from and where is it going to. I had the idea it would be going down to support around 1.817. It was nice to see it play out that way. I even called some of the bounces between those to areas on lower time frame s/r. Although I was viewing HTF as still trending up so shorts are counter trend, therefore more conservative targets.
Gator! bravely cruising the troll and sock puppet infested waters since 1980.
I recommend not losing, as a strategy.
Laissez les bon pips rouler!
Gator

Postby balat1990 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:25 pm

i like it. the most trader use technial template. it is the basic tools. we are difficult to clear it.
balat1990

Postby balat1990 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:05 am

the technial template is the basic tools for analysis. it has a great effective. but we must know and understand it. with any technical analysis tools we must clear it.
balat1990

Postby balat1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:24 pm

technical analysis is a one way to success. we cn make money with it but we must have ourself systerm . we must clear about it.
balat1990

Postby vuanh » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:05 am

yeah. tecnical template is important for trader. when we join in this market we need know about it. i think every trader know about it. thanks for your share . we can learn more about it
vuanh

Postby grantyboy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:28 pm

After a hiatus where i drifted away (looking for more trading opportunities) i've come full circle. Testament to the structure and logic of this technique. I'll start posting a few charts and see how it goes.
grantyboy

PreviousNext

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems