The Center of gravity MT4 Expert Advisor

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Re: The Center of gravity MT4 Expert Advisor

Postby KC_Jed » Fri May 13, 2011 5:41 pm

I have not used the expert Advisor yet...I have just recently come across the Center of Gravity indicator and have made about 15 successful trades with it so far with 0 losers. I've developed a slightly different approach to it than the Scalping Strategy initially mentioned. I've been using it quite successfully for somewhat longer term trades still on the 5 minute charts. By longer term I mean anywhere from a few minutes up to a few hours. This is a VERY powerful if used properly. I'm also using a modified RSI, a Trend Scalping Indicator based on Elliot Waves and a CCFp indicator which determines the strength of individual currencies and charts them together to show exactly which Currency is in control (buy) and which one is losing strength (sell). I enter the trade in the direction of the COG when CCFp shows the main currency of the pair is either strong (Buy) or weak (Sell) and when the other indicators agree. Stops are placed just above the previous swing high making sure to leave room to account for the spread. In other words add 2 to 5 pips etc. depending on your broker to your stop to account for the spread. I find the stops are usually between 10 to 15 pips 20 max. I prefer to use a break of the trend line as an exit strategy, but a trailing stop that you're comfortable with or a hard TP of 2x's your stop would also work. I'll attach some examples here. I do not personally use the Sweet Spots indicator...too many lines clogging up the chart....but I have noticed entering either long or short at the dark blue lines in the direction of the COG with next dark blue line as a target seems very profitable for scalps of 20 to 30 pips with a stop below or above the previous swing high.

Cheers to all who have worked on this incredible indicator and system. I posted a similar posting on the site under the Center of Gravity scalping strategy, but couldn't figure out how to post the examples so am posting them here.
P.S. --the magenta lines indicate the entry candle....the other vertical lines you see are just showing the opening of the day, opening of london and us sessions and close of the london session and have nothing to do with this strategy. I forgot to put a line marking the Exit, but it is the first candle closing above the Trend line in case it's not clear on the chart.

KC_Jed
Attachments
gbpusd modified center of gravity with indicators.gif
EurUsd--modified center of gravity with indicators.gif
audusd--modified center of gravity with indicators.gif
KC_Jed

Postby hazelj80 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:42 pm

KC_Jed wrote:I have not used the expert Advisor yet...I have just recently come across the Center of Gravity indicator and have made about 15 successful trades with it so far with 0 losers. I've developed a slightly different approach to it than the Scalping Strategy initially mentioned. I've been using it quite successfully for somewhat longer term trades still on the 5 minute charts. By longer term I mean anywhere from a few minutes up to a few hours. This is a VERY powerful if used properly. I'm also using a modified RSI, a Trend Scalping Indicator based on Elliot Waves and a CCFp indicator which determines the strength of individual currencies and charts them together to show exactly which Currency is in control (buy) and which one is losing strength (sell). I enter the trade in the direction of the COG when CCFp shows the main currency of the pair is either strong (Buy) or weak (Sell) and when the other indicators agree. Stops are placed just above the previous swing high making sure to leave room to account for the spread. In other words add 2 to 5 pips etc. depending on your broker to your stop to account for the spread. I find the stops are usually between 10 to 15 pips 20 max. I prefer to use a break of the trend line as an exit strategy, but a trailing stop that you're comfortable with or a hard TP of 2x's your stop would also work. I'll attach some examples here. I do not personally use the Sweet Spots indicator...too many lines clogging up the chart....but I have noticed entering either long or short at the dark blue lines in the direction of the COG with next dark blue line as a target seems very profitable for scalps of 20 to 30 pips with a stop below or above the previous swing high.

Cheers to all who have worked on this incredible indicator and system. I posted a similar posting on the site under the Center of Gravity scalping strategy, but couldn't figure out how to post the examples so am posting them here.
P.S. --the magenta lines indicate the entry candle....the other vertical lines you see are just showing the opening of the day, opening of london and us sessions and close of the london session and have nothing to do with this strategy. I forgot to put a line marking the Exit, but it is the first candle closing above the Trend line in case it's not clear on the chart.

KC_Jed

you mind posting the indicators and a template so i can study this? thanks! been almost 2 yrs since I've even came to this thread!
hazelj80

Postby iliosellas » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:37 am

Hello, Is this thread still active and what is the latest on the COG EA?
iliosellas

Previous

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems