Re: The Center of gravity MT4 Expert Advisor

Postby hazelj80 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 pm

these rules are the most important;

http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/sc ... of-gravity

center of gravity lines must be pointing downwards
- the price must be over the middle center of gravity line
- you sell at the first level on the sweet spots indicator that the price hits
- take profit point would be at the line below the 1st level you entered at
I find the absolute best time to trade this system is 8AM-12PM Eastern Time.

I'll really put it to the test next week because he says to avoid NFP week. and Friday. i didn't avoid Friday and look what happened.
hazelj80

Postby edlogic » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:30 pm

ok i reread the whole text of where the indicator was first posted and now i see that there are several ways to take trades and i have only focused on one way

the way i am doing it now is
if the price is above the center then i open trades as price goes above and then passes back down below the upper cog lines
if the price is below the center then i open trades as price goes below and then passes back up above the lower cog lines

and there is an option to not open trades on any of the inner cog lines unless the outer line has been crossed so that multiple orders will only open in the direction of the trend from the farthest from the center first

now i am thinking about a another way for opening the trade and take profit

i think i have this right - tell me if this is right or wrong

such as -

1 if up trend and price is below center line and it passes to above - then at first inner cog line above the center line open a long then take profit at the second cog line above center

i saw another indicator on the pdf file called Belkhayate Timing - i am going to try to find that and check it out
edlogic

Postby hazelj80 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:10 pm

the thing that is happening is when you wait for price to pass through the COG centerline is that it may be too late and it'll turn around on you more than go into profit.

for a buy, price should be below the center line and COG lines are pointing up while hitting the sweetspot and price should be ascending upward. get out at the next sweetspot above and then put a stop at the sweetspot below

for a sell, price should be above the center line and COG lines are pointing down while hitting the sweetspot and price is descending downward. get out at the next sweetspot below and then put a stop at the sweetspot above

this is basically how i told my friend to program it. there nothing else in this EA other than sweetspots and COG. and no second entries. we don't really need it i think.
hazelj80

Postby edlogic » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:54 am

hazelj80 wrote:the thing that is happening is when you wait for price to pass through the COG centerline is that it may be too late and it'll turn around on you more than go into profit.

for a buy, price should be below the center line and COG lines are pointing up while hitting the sweetspot and price should be ascending upward. get out at the next sweetspot above and then put a stop at the sweetspot below

for a sell, price should be above the center line and COG lines are pointing down while hitting the sweetspot and price is descending downward. get out at the next sweetspot below and then put a stop at the sweetspot above

this is basically how i told my friend to program it. there nothing else in this EA other than sweetspots and COG. and no second entries. we don't really need it i think.

thanks -

i am only using the cog lines - the center and 3 lines above and 3 lines below - it mimics the center of gravity 2 indicator - you can see my screen shots in a previous post

the-center-gravity-mt4-expert-advisor-t138-20.html#p866

maybe that is what i should change and instead of only using the cog lines - i should figure how the sweet spot indicator works and have the trades open and close on them

from the pdf file that AsherEWT posted - it looks like that documents state that you should only take trades when the price is at the extreme outer cog lines - and that in combination with the Belkhayate time indicator showing readings at the extreme top and bottom

i will try a couple of different methods and see what happens
http://www.fxecnbroker.com
http://www.mt4tradecopier.com
edlogic

Postby hazelj80 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:13 pm

oh, that timer indicator doesn't even refresh at all. you would need the .DLL file. that system was for just about any pair on the H4. I use his M5 system. believe me, if that timer did work like it was supposed to, I would have had someone build and EA out of that system from OAN rather than ashur's system
hazelj80

Postby edlogic » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:11 pm

ok - i will have to check the timer this week just to see what it does or doesn't do -

just now i am finding that while doing strategy testing - it looks like when i put the dates for more than one day - it is not doing trades past the first day - it only does about 5 trades for the whole week - and if i just put one day in then it does about 5 trades on that day

the strategy tester really seems to act weird some times - a week ago i was getting 20 trades when i set it for one week -

anyway - i am seeing the cog lines quite often are much wider than the high and low price - even though the high low is a 50 pip spread - the price is not even getting to the first cog line from the center - maybe that is why the trades are not opening

if i set the number of bars down to 90 or even 60 then i get cog lines closer together and the price does go through them

i guess that is where the sweet spot indicator helps - it has them a certain distance apart

ok i either have to learn to use the sweet spots or dynamically change the number of bars for the cog - in order to get trades to happen at the right time

ok i just looked at the sweet spot indicator and i now know that since it is just a fixed distance between lines that i don't even need them - i can just start ignoring the cog lines and use fixed distances away from the center line

i am going to try that
Last edited by edlogic on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edlogic

Postby hazelj80 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:17 pm

it will be a bit of both. you need to know the values of COG, sweetspots and the bars close prices. i think after that, you should heded in the direction you need to be headed in. can't give away too much :wink:
hazelj80

Postby edlogic » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:29 pm

hazelj80 wrote:it will be a bit of both. you need to know the values of COG, sweetspots and the bars close prices. i think after that, you should heded in the direction you need to be headed in. can't give away too much :wink:

thanks for your help
all this time i thought that the cog lines always stayed tightly snugged to the high and low prices but now i see they don't
time for a paradigm shift
edlogic

Postby AsherEWT » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:11 am

Here are the results for a Demo Trading Test that I've carried out over the last couple of days based on the original rules of Belkhayate System. As I've previously said this is a highly profitable but a controversial system. If used correctly, it can be extremely profitable.

These results could have been even better if I had proper time and I did it when I was at home last week, but since I was busy at work when I did this demo I actually made a couple of wrong calls (shown as the big negative trades). I'm sure if I had stick to the original rules, the trades would have been 100% positive. So the bad trades shown on statement are actually my own mistakes.

I'm currently planning to write a simple EA which should be able to Modify the existing (open) Trade and once that trade is in Profit (lets say around 50 pips or so) then it should just modify its SL and change it to the +1 pip of your Entry Price to make it a 100% safe Trade and then just keep increasing the TP level to increase the profits until there is a real Trend Reversal is in sight.

Cheers,
Asher
Attachments
Demo_Trading_System001.png
Last edited by AsherEWT on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Trading Blog: http://www.ichi360.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ichi360
AsherEWT

Postby AsherEWT » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:19 am

Since there is a discussion going on about the Original Rules of COG Trading, I thought I'll post this PDF file once again here along with the Belkhayate Timing Indicator. The system is incomplete without the proper use of Timing Indicator and its the integral part of this Trading System.

PS: Few important points. The original COG Trading System does not use Sweet Spots. Also, please dont get confused between Belkhayate Timing Indicator and OANFX Timing Indicator, both are similar but different things.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Asher
Attachments
Belkhayate Timing.ex4
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 1439 times
How to use BELKHAYATE Indicators.pdf
(307.13 KiB) Downloaded 1733 times
My Trading Blog: http://www.ichi360.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ichi360
AsherEWT

PreviousNext