Bill Williams Accelelator ans Stoch

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

Bill Williams Accelelator ans Stoch

Postby User » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:16 am

Submitted by Christian

Hi to all traders!
This is the BEST site for all beginners like me! Thanks all for sharing your strategies!
Maybe this strategy is already here, 'but I think I did not see it yet.
Pair : ANY
Timeframe : DAILY ONLY!
Indicators : Bill Williams Accelelator oscilator , Stohastic 5,3,3
Rules : When AO is green and >0 and stohastic is >0 you go long, and if AO is red and <0 and stoch is also <0 you go short.
I use this strategy for a while and have some good results, but I think that would be better that also you monitor stohatic overbought/oversold levels (stohastic cross). But I did not find any take profit and stop loss settings for these strategie, but I suppose that you will stay in long position till AO turns red and <0 and also stoch <0 or near 0. Then you close your buy position and open sell position and let it run until again they cross both 0 level. You can also monitor candles if you have time during the day and get out from position when daily candle starts to show shadow. I don't have time to monitor candles during the day, I just monitor 10 minutes for when new candle is creating. I'm in a GMT+1 time zone which means 12:55 PM till 01:15 AM.
User

Re: Bill Williams Accelelator ans Stoch

Postby Edward Revy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:27 am

Thank you Christian,

I guess you meant Stoch > or < 50, not zero.

There is another idea to try:

While AO is green, try to buy after the bearish (red) candle: wait till it emerges and closes and then place a buy order above its high.
If the order doesn't get triggered, instead you have another bearish candle, you move your Buy order lower - to the new candles' high.

Same when AO is red: you look for a green bullish candle to appear, when it closes, you place a Sell order below its low.

Regards,
Edward
Edward Revy
Site Admin

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems