ekpereHAMA system

Post your new strategies, discoveries or just ideas for development

ekpereHAMA system

Postby User » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:29 am

Submitted by User at Forex-strategies-revealed.com

hi,
after trying out hundreds of systems on both demo and real accounts for more than a year i found out that the secret of forex is KISS. since then i have been very succesful.
i will call this system ekpereHAMA because its a pimped version of HAMAPAD trading system, its quite simple looking but very accurate.

entry LONG

when MACD crosses the zero mark and at least one line has appeared up. The barchart should be above the tunnel and green.

exit when MACD goes below the zero mark or HAMA turns redand below tunnel.

TF is 1hr chart.

trade with small lot and stay in the market as long as possible.
short entries are the other way round.
User

Re: ekpereHAMA system

Postby Edward Revy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:33 am

I've made a quick screenshot to the system the way I understood it.

Plus attached you'll find the indicator used for the systems, I changed some of the indicator colors as well.
Attachments
ekpereHAMA.png
HamaSystem.mq4
(3.41 KiB) Downloaded 1259 times
Edward Revy
Site Admin

Postby Edward Revy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:35 am

In case you're interested what where the original rules for HAMAPAD, I've pulled out a description for you from http://www.forex-tsd.com/
Attachments
HAMA PAD Basic Trading Guidelines.jpg
Edward Revy
Site Admin

Postby manus168 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:58 am

Dear Edward;

I'm agree for KIS, that is an absolutly important to survive in the Forex Market.

Btw Bussway :D , ... i have an little idea for putting our StopLoss (incld. an Exit Strategy). We can put some indicators called BbandVstop as a place we put our Stop Loss.

Here the screenshoot :

What do you thing my friend ?

Kind Regards;

:mrgreen:

Manus168
Yesterday = HISTORY !
Tomorrow = MYSTERY!
Today = GIFT !

Thats why we call it the PRESENT :)
manus168

Postby manus168 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:57 am

I've gotted an idea; for Entry we gona used Cyan-MACD (12,26,1) with Channell EMA 21 By High/Low with Heiken Ashi (HAMA Indicators) , for Exit we used Gold-MACD (5,8,1) from TORGO System like the picture bellow :

For Comparison :

Sincerly;

:)

Manus168
Yesterday = HISTORY !
Tomorrow = MYSTERY!
Today = GIFT !

manus168

Postby Edward Revy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi Manus168,

nice idea with filtered entry by cyan MACD. Very good indeed.

The exit with the gold MACD is interesting, although still feels as if it is coming late at times.
Question: what is that dotted black line that goes alongside the price on the white screenshot? Some sort of moving average? ...Probably not :)

Here is my idea. It appears a bit crazy at the first look :mrgreen: , but seems to do its job OK.
Attachments
crazyexit.png
Edward Revy
Site Admin

Postby Edward Revy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:07 pm

Another idea about further entry filters.

The idea basically came after looking at entries with MACD, which in many cases were seeing the pullback very soon after our entry. Same story as with Parabolic SAR entries here.

the idea goes as follows:
-cyan MACD (12, 26, 1) gives entry signal by crossing and closing above/below zero for the first time.
- gold MACD (5, 8, 1) at this time already is building its first "hill". Need to skip that hill entirely and in the mean time draw the breakout line (if needed, use gold MACD top as a reference).
- enter on the breakout, or don't enter if MACD never looks back and the first hill was also last hill :) (...and cyan MACD also flipped).
Attachments
firsthillbreakout.png
Edward Revy
Site Admin

Postby manus168 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Edward Revy wrote:Hi Manus168,

nice idea with filtered entry by cyan MACD. Very good indeed.

Thanks Bro :)

The exit with the gold MACD is interesting, although still feels as if it is coming late at times.

The Idea behind i used MACD from TORGO (5,8,1)is; we want as long as possible to stay at our position in the market. So i thing is better used MACD (5,8,1) rather Parabolic SAR (0,001,01), or another indicator.

Question: what is that dotted black line that goes alongside the price on the white screenshot? Some sort of moving average? ...Probably not :)

The Black Dot Line in the white screensshoot its an indicator on Torgo system, i just borrowed Torgo MACD (not the SSL Fast), its just only at example how MACD (5,8,1) can be good alternatives as exit strategies. The Black Dot is called SSL Fast Indicators.

Here is my idea. It appears a bit crazy at the first look :mrgreen: , but seems to do its job OK.

Very Nice Exit Strategies, i will try this Monday.

Kind Regards;

Manus168
Yesterday = HISTORY !
Tomorrow = MYSTERY!
Today = GIFT !

manus168

Postby manus168 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Edward Revy wrote:Another idea about further entry filters.

The idea basically came after looking at entries with MACD, which in many cases were seeing the pullback very soon after our entry. Same story as with Parabolic SAR entries here.

the idea goes as follows:
-cyan MACD (12, 26, 1) gives entry signal by crossing and closing above/below zero for the first time.
- gold MACD (5, 8, 1) at this time already is building its first "hill". Need to skip that hill entirely and in the mean time draw the breakout line (if needed, use gold MACD top as a reference).
- enter on the breakout, or don't enter if MACD never looks back and the first hill was also last hill :) (...and cyan MACD also flipped).

Very nice exit strategies; Thanks Ed, I would try this exit strategies.

Kind Regards;

Manus168
Yesterday = HISTORY !
Tomorrow = MYSTERY!
Today = GIFT !

manus168

Postby manus168 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:07 pm

I Thing Exit with the 1st wick hit tby he EMA 21 By High/Low its very2 good idea too. They can be early warning Trend Reversal more quickly.

Sincerly;

Manus168
Yesterday = HISTORY !
Tomorrow = MYSTERY!
Today = GIFT !

manus168

Next

Return to Forex trading strategies and systems