Forex tutors

General topics about Forex trading

Forex tutors

Postby User » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:23 pm

Forum transfer: Submitted by darkside on August 21, 2008 - 08:29.

Hello to all of traders on this forum. I just wanted to say that in my opinion it is very important to get a coach or enroll in a real Forex class in the beginning. Get a tutor who has been trading for a while and ask him a lot of questions. He (or she) can give you advice that you will NEVER hear elsewere. What's more important, it's human to human talk - something that't still No. 1 in my opinion. No forum, or expensive trading system can explain or show you what a person can. The cost of a class is a small amount of money compared to the money a beginner will probably lose when starting Forex.

Any thoughts?
User

Re: Forex tutors

Postby User » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Forum transfer: Submitted by Fernando on August 21, 2008 - 18:30.

Forex classes can be different. Some tutors just take money and teach you the same thing you can easily find online for free. Such tutors are probably count on this "human to human talk" that should satisfy students =)
Fernando
User

Postby User » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Forum transfer: Submitted by Anris on August 25, 2008 - 18:32.

Ok, here is my position.

Before enrolling into a class or getting a coach, one must do own homework: learn a thing or two about market, learn a strategy or two, get familiar with indicators, candlesticks etc., try demo trading AND THEN get a feel of what seems reasonable in Forex and what you desire to learn deeper.

Going blind without any preparation hoping that coaching will 100% fit your own perception of right and wrong investing is foolish.
If you want, compare it to purchasing a laptop: you don't buy a PC in the first place if you don't know how this contraption works =). But when you know you still look for specific features that fit your model of the best laptop.
Same with Forex education: basics should be learn by own efforts, deeper knowledge then can be searched and requested from coaches.

Anris
User

Postby shengani » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:30 am

I have been using a lady from New Zealand by the name of Hettie Nel. She is very professional in her approach and obviously very knowledgeable. She coach you a specific strategy and, once you have done a few trades she goes through each one and directs you where you went wrong. The one-on-one coaching via Skype and Crossloop is invaluable and it eases the learning curve somewhat. It is not always easy to grasp new concepts in an area where there is an information overload to the extent that it confuses the newbie on where to start. I have no link to this lady apart from being a student and I am not being rewarded in any way by saying, from my experience, she is worth a try.
shengani

Postby Selden » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:19 pm

I think that there is enough info available on the net, no need to pay money for expensive forex courses, especially for a newbie, read books, visit forums, demo trade a lot, that's enough for a beginner.
Selden

Postby Edward Revy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:17 pm

I agree with Selden that there are tons of good free information on the net, more than enough for a beginner to learn and start practicing.

Shengani is also right, in particular when it comes to seeing how the real trading is done and being able to discuss any particular trading setup with your personal tutor.
If you're looking to enroll in a class or attend a seminar, it is not the same as having a on-on-one coaching. Therefore, I also support Anris, who pointed out earlier to one important thing: you have to know what you need from your tutor, or from any particular lesson or seminar that you're going to attend.

General information about Forex is available for free, you don't need to pay for it. Everything else depends again on what you need to learn.
For example, I don't feel that I will ever trade with Ichimoku clouds, because it is not mine, so why spend time and money on a seminar about it? If you're a beginner who has no idea what Ichimoku is all about, and someone says to you that it is the only way to make money in Forex, you'll probably pay to go to that seminar.
The likelihood that it will actually become your trading method afterward is fairly low.
Edward Revy
Site Admin

Postby COLGEN » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:39 am

Hi everyone!

I feel that I can contribute something to this conversation, having spent nearly £5000 on two training courses with Knowledge to Action (Traders University / Ultimate Forex Profits) in the past year.

I would wholeheartedly dispute anyone's opinion that these are the best way. You're crammed into a classroom with numerous other people and, as happens in schools, colleges and universities everywhere, the speed of the class and quality of learning is driven by the least capable person.

In my opinion, the education offered by these courses is not value for money - you can learn MUCH more by being patient, reading the forums, and practising.

I would thank Knowledge to Action, though. I had never traded before, and stumbled across them while trying to find out how to learn how to trade. They gave me the 'path' and I've taken it from there. It was a very, very expensive path however.

For £5,000 they teach you perhaps 6 strategies that are usable in trending markets - I immediately found much, much more on the internet on sites such as this one.

In terms of the 'coaching' support that they claim to offer you? They give you some short 'free' sessions as part of the price to allow you to check that you're doing the basics properly, but anytime that I had a question for them on something else the answer, surprise, surprise, was that I could learn that on their 'advanced' courses...which would cost me an extra £10,000.

I'd agree with the original poster - if you happen to know an experienced trader, then stick to him like glue as a mentor! However, for the rest of us mere mortals we're stuck with forums - but that's not a problem...if we share and help each other!

Thanks for reading this - I hope it helps (and hope it persuades someone not to 'waste' their money on this type of education as I did)
Riding the choppy seas on a ship of hope
COLGEN

Postby nanang » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:18 am

Learning forex trading will be more interesting for new trader . And even when they make real money for their ordinary needs.
Every month I can make withdraw about $200 from Liteforex broker, and about $100 from NewForex.
nanang

Return to General Discussion