Introduction

General topics about Forex trading

Introduction

Postby nerobot » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:08 am

Hi,

New to this forum, so thought I would make a quick introduction.

First, thanks for the great site. Lots of useful strategies, from basic ones to more advanced ones. I'm working my way through them as quickly as possible :)

I've only recently got interested in Forex trading, so I've only got a demo account to test me EAs with. For the EA that I'm working on, I'm trying to create a gene expression programming (GEP) system to create a fuzzy decision tree that causes the EA to buy, sell, or close. I've managed to get the GEP system programmed using MQL5 (the use of objects makes it much easier to use than MQL4), and I'm now going through the strategies explained on this site (I'm currently only at the basic ones as it's taking me quite a while to figure out how to implement them in the EA), implementing them into my GEP system.

Attached (I hope) is an example of the profit I've got, back tested over the last year, with no stop loss or take profit, with a lot of 1. Not too bad, given that it actually only contained two of the basic strategies placed on the website.

Steven
Attachments
TesterGraphReport2010.08.05.png
nerobot

Re: Introduction

Postby KajolThappar » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:45 pm

I have two moving averages you can use on my website and they are totally free, this would be in lieu of MACD but its all trend based. Do not apply these to one timeframe, apply these to multiple timefremes and start with the largest trend first to monitor or analyze a pair. There are screenshots there on how to set them up with on a metatrader platform and how to use the free price alarms too to monitor movement.

Go to the website and click on "complimentary trading tools" for full setup instructions.
KajolThappar

Return to General Discussion