Wordwide "currency reset"

General topics about Forex trading

Re: Wordwide "currency reset"

Postby round number » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 am

strobe wrote:While nut cases like you are continuing to fantasise over the new world order that's supposedly been asserting itself ever since the late 90's, I & other mature adults will focus on the important tasks

Yeah, if you believed the soothsayers the dollar was going to drown every year since the mid 90's.
It's the same deal with the Euro. They've been predicting the demise of that currency to my knowledge every year since the mid 00's & yet every day we wake up & switch on our platforms they're both still ploughing on regardless offering up a multitude of weekly profit opportunities to all & sundry!!

If you took notice of these weirdo's you'd never place another bet again. :roll:
round number

Postby strobe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:22 am

Rom wrote:Commentary: Black-swan crisis warning for now through mid-April
Poll = dark black outlook

I suppose if you post enough of these scaremongering stories one of them is bound to turn out correct at some point in the future.
The law of averages state at some point the markets will either correct or re-boot themselves. But these comments are nothing more than conjecture, just like the previous post you submitted last December that failed to materialize.

If indeed the markets do react to some geopolitical or unique event there will be plenty of opportunities to benefit as there always have been if you dial back into history & check your charts. Take the most recent market fallout of 2008 as an example.

Using just one instrument to highlight this example;
EUR/USD dropped through 1.5300 during August of that year & 2 months later was trading on the 1.23 handle. But it didn't drop in one straight line. It offered multiple opportunities to engage the short side, as did all the instruments that reacted during that period.

A year later it had retraced 80% of that drop & again, it wasn't a straight line back up the other way. Instead there were many trending opportunities for the astute traders with solid, robust approaches & models to avail themselves of profit as the market participants stepped back in at fair value prices.
The same scenario occurred again during late 2009/early 2010 on the move down to fresh lows @ 1.1875.

You seem to think that just because there are doom & gloom predictions doing the rounds opportunity will be scarce.
Quite the contrary.

In fact the higher probability oportunities are more elevated out there when fear & greed are at extremes than at any other time in the markets.
If the markets are set to implode, those retailers who have adopted effective & efficient technical models will be perfectly placed to avail themselves of the excellent & exceptional opportunity to profit.
strobe

Postby strobe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Rom wrote:As a trader you are used to rumours being 60%+/- certain.
I far as I remember there was sunshine headlines till the market fell off the cliff.

I will repeat what I posted (& you conveniently chose to omit) in my previous submission;
strobe wrote:There were many trending opportunities for the astute traders with solid, robust approaches & models to avail themselves of profit as the market participants stepped back in at fair value prices.
The same scenario occurred again during late 2009/early 2010 on the move down to fresh lows @ 1.1875.
....those retailers who have adopted effective & efficient technical models will be perfectly placed to avail themselves of the excellent & exceptional opportunity to profit.

I've been taught & encouraged to pay far more attention to devising & developing a solid, effective trading plan that I can adapt to the changing market psychology than waste valuable time & energy on chasing the rumor mill around the net all day long & thus far it's proven to be a very efficient & profitable use of my time.

Perhaps if more speculators/traders took visualxray's advice posted earlier on this thread, they would be better prepared & not so reliant upon the vagaries & inconsistencies of rumors & conjecture to boost their trading accounts.
visualxray wrote:In other words;
trade what you see not what you think.

Such a simple, logical concept that so many folks find great difficulty employing.
strobe

Postby strobe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:13 pm

They're not meant to impress you.
But they certainly highlight the difference between well organised participants & the likes of you.

I can see why folks tire of you so quickly on here :roll:
strobe

Postby round number » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:25 am

Rom wrote:When I understood your guys did not trade own capital ... I understood why people can make a living on 10% +/- per year

The only part of that comment I concur with relates to size of capital at outset.

It's nigh on impossible to make any decent money, let alone a regular living in this business unless you have a very adequate capital base at inception.
The pressure to constantly be positioned in the market is too great with small capital exposure leading to overtrading, impatience & a lack of discipline, especially in new starters. Also diversifaction is pretty much a nonstarter due to lack of capital, making life even more difficult to offset & manage risk.

But not everyone on that thread trades other folk's money & the experienced guys certainly return a lot more than 10% as evidenced by their live account blotters in the room.
But then that's a direct reflection of their experience & the approaches they apply in the market, some of which have been shared on that thread.
round number

Postby round number » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:43 am

Methinks you think too much.

If the world/markets implode so be it.
If they don't, then all the talking & debating has been a complete waste of time & energy.

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever received on here was to focus my energy & attention on that which I am able to control & ignore the rest.
I can't change or control what's happening outside of my remit, & I only get paid today, tomorrow & next week when I bank winning bets.

Therefore, the only things I'm even remotely interested in are which instrument or asset class are setting up favorably on my trading platform today, how much available capital I'm willing to deploy on those bets & how I intend to actively manage those bets to completion.

The time for me to worry about the concerns you jabber on about so incessently are when they actually begin to unfold....until then I'll simply carry on controlling that which is within my remit & let you worry about everything else.
round number

Postby vuanh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:19 am

now the world change today. all currency will have a big change because crisis in Ukcraina
vuanh

Postby strobe » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:16 am

As long as we're still able to log into our platforms & place bets to the short side as well as the long side, we could care less how much they change.
Elevated fear (& greed) creates volatility which in turn ignites momentum....& those two combinations present opportunity!
strobe

Postby kevin43 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:34 am

Does somebody made some bucks on Ukraine crysis? When MoEx index dropped to 10.9% percents Warren Baffet said it was a good time to invest in Russian companies. So I bought some bonds for a long future let's see what will happen.
kevin43

Postby round number » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:35 am

So, how's the latest bone shaking, finger biting black swan event coming along?
Only a few more days left until the financial markets implode....tick tock tick tock :lol:
Rom wrote:Commentary: Black-swan crisis warning for now through mid-April
Poll = dark black outlook http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-do ... 2014-03-15

Surely it's not going to be as uneventful as your previous warning is it?
Rom wrote:"Inside source" is telling a "currency reset" (re-evaluation of all currencies according to national "assets") has been decided to occur within 3 months, i.e. early March latest.
round number

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion