How to actually know the trend is consolidate?

General topics about Forex trading

How to actually know the trend is consolidate?

Postby User » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:40 pm

Forum transfer: Submitted by Unholydevil on February 25, 2009 - 09:52.

I like this website, cause it gv me alot of trading method n management.
But i realize that, when trend is consolidate is loss more than against the trend.
I am mostly scalping 5 minute. but i test all the method ,is it always very less discuss how to determine consolidate trend.
and most of the method mostly seldom talk about consolidate & the method they give is often late to know or the trend already half way/finish.

I know the bollinger band is the usefull, but is it late to know when it is squeeze or become narrow, because band is narrow, that is already 10 to 20 candle form.

How to actually using any indicator or any method for knowing the trend now is consolidate so we can actually prevent it?
User

Re: How to actually know the trend is consolidate?

Postby User » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:40 pm

Forum transfer: Submitted by User on February 25, 2009 - 13:09.

This is a good question also.
We always see how people can tell us using the previous chart. But if is realtime, this is very difficult to know Is it now is consolidate or trend change already?
I also hope some expert can give us the real-time situation example
User

Re: How to actually know the trend is consolidate?

Postby Edward Revy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:41 pm

Forum transfer: Submitted by Edward Revy on March 4, 2009 - 13:52.

It is indeed one of the most challenging parts in trading. I agree that most indicators would are late to signal about the consolidating market, that's because indicators are simply reflecting the market. So, as a rule a trader is able to spot consolidating market earlier than with a help of an indicator.

I will talk about methods of defining consolidating markets on their earliest stages in our new section: <a href="http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/trading-methods">Trading methods & ideas</a>.

In the mean time I'd love to see this topic growing, so that I also can plan the subjects for discussions.

Regards,
Edward

P.S. this topic is very important, thank you for rising it. I'll focus my efforts on highlighting this subject form all known to me aspects and bringing in new methods of identifying ranging markets in the nearest future.
Edward Revy
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion