Daily Technical Analysis 21st May 2014

Daily Technical Analysis 21st May 2014

Postby Atlas CapitalFx » Wed May 21, 2014 1:48 pm

Daily Technical Analysis
21st May 2014

EURUSD

Summary
Tuesday EURUSD experienced a quiet days trade as the price action traded marginally lower. However by the end of business EURUSD had paired the majority of its losses.

Market overview
The recent price action and the breach of the 1.3764 level being the swing low of the 30th April has changed the daily trend to down. However the weekly price action continues trend in an upward direction. The recent rejection of lower prices at the 1.3672 support level being the swing low of the 4th April and bounce off the 34 period weekly moving averages has opened up the possibility for a move back up to the daily averages.

However that the price action is now trading at the 8 period daily moving averages draws our attention is drawn to a potential negative rotation at an area of resistance.

Focus on today
This morning EURUSD has opened quietley as the price action trades within Tuesday’s candle range.

I am this morning monitoring the price actions for a potential test of the 8 period daily moving averages.

Alternatively if EURUSD fails to sustain higher prices there is a possibility we see a retest of 1.3764 level being the swing low.

GBPUSD

Summary
Tuesday GBPUSD traded marginally higher as the price action bounced off the averages and trend line support.

Market overview
GBPUSD continues to trade in a daily and weekly uptrend with the price action having recently broken a large converging triangle. More recently GBPUSD has managed to break above its daily moving averages which can be seen positively for GBPUSD.

From a weekly perspective the price action is now testing the 8 period weekly moving averages. As the both daily and weekly trends remain positive I am monitoring the price action at this potential value area where longs can be added.

Focus on today
This morning GBPUSD has opened quietly as the price action trades within Tuesday’s candle range.

I am today monitoring the price action for a sustained move above the 8 period moving averages.

Alternatively if GBPUSD cannot sustain higher prices could see the price action back to the 1.6795 support level.

USDJPY

Summary
Tuesday USDJPY resumed its bearish momentum as the price action moved away from the 101.70 resistance level and 8 period daily moving averages.

Market overview
The breach of the 101.32 level being the swing low of the 11th April has effectively changed the daily trend to down. However the weekly trend continues to trade within an uptrend. I am now monitoring the price action for signs of a continuation under the 101.32. A failure to sustain a move beneath this level would put forward the possibility that the move beneath the 101.32 level was a fake break down which could lead to further a resumption of the prior uptrend.

Focus on today
This morning USDJPY has opened negatively as the price action tests within Tuesday’s candle ranges.

Today I am monitoring USDJPY for a test of the 101.00 level.

Alternatively a failure to sustain lower prices could see USDJPY trade back to the 101.70 level.

USDCHF

Summary
Tuesday USDCHF experienced a quiet day as the price action tested the 0.8930 resistance level.

Market overview
The recent price action and the breach of the 0.8862 level being the 22nd April prior swing high has changed the daily trend to up. However the weekly price action continues trend in a downward direction. USDCHF is now moving into the direction of Fibonacci resistance. This Fibonacci zone could possibly be viewed as a value area where shorts could potentially be added.

Focus on today
This morning USDCHF has opened quietly as it trades within Tuesday’s candle ranges.

Today I am monitoring the price action to see if USDCHF can potentially trade higher and retest Fibonacci resistance.

Alternatively a failure to sustain higher prices could see USDCHF test the 8 period daily moving averages.

Gold

Summary
Tuesday Gold experienced a quiet day as the price action traded around the averages.

Market overview
The breach of the 1277 level being the 1st April low has technically changed the daily trend to down. This puts the daily trend in gear with the weekly down trend. A breach of the 1270.00 support level would confirm the daily down trend.

However the recent price action has seen a rejection of the 1270 support level and a move above the 1306 level being the swing high of the 28th April.

Focus on today
This morning Gold has open quietly as it trades within Tuesday’s candle ranges.

Today I am monitoring the price action for Gold to test the 1310.00 resistance level.

Alternatively a failure to sustain higher prices could see Gold trade back up to the 1270.00 support level.

USDCAD

Summary
Tuesday USDCAD traded higher as the price action tested the downward sloping trend line.

Market overview
USDCAD is trading in a weekly uptrend however the daily trend has recently changed to negative. The breach of the 1.0857 level being the daily swing low of the 9th April will open up the possibility for a further move lower down to the 1.0790 support level.

More recently USDCAD has corrected back to the 8 period daily moving averages and trend line resistance which could possibly be viewed as a value area to add shorts.

Focus on today
This morning USDCAD has opened quietley as the price action trades at the highs of Tuesday’s candle range.

I am this morning monitoring the price action for a potential move into the direction of the 1.0790 support level.

Alternatively if the price action fails to sustain lower prices there is a possibility that USDCAD trades up to the 1.0940 resistance level.

AUDUSD

Summary
Tuesday AUDUSD continued to trade lower as the price action broke trend line support and traded towards the 0.9200 level being the 2nd May swing low.

Market overview
AUDUSD has been trading in a daily uptrend following the breach of the 0.9080 level being the swing high of the 18th February. However the weekly chart continues to trade in a down trend with the price action now correcting lower following a rejection of the Fibonacci resistance area.

Yesterday’s downside break opens up the possibility of a breach of the 0.9200 level being the 2nd May swing low. A breach of this level will technically change the daily trend to down.

Focus on today
This morning AUDUSD has opened negatively as the price trades under Tuesday’s candle ranges.

I am this morning monitoring the price action for a potential a test of the 0.9200 level being the 2nd May swing low.

Alternatively if AUDUSD fails to sustain lower prices there is a possibility that AUDUSD trades back up to the broken trend line.

Oil

Summary
Tuesday Oil found support at its averages and broke higher as the price action tested the 103.00 resistance level.

Market overview
Oil continues to trade in a daily uptrend following the breach of the 100.72 level being the swing high of the 24th December. The daily and weekly times both have a positive bias.

The recent price action has seen a strong bounce off the 98.00 and 100.00 support level.

Focus on today
This morning Oil has opened quietly as the price action at the highs Tuesday’s candle range.

Today I am monitoring the price action for a test of the 103.00 resistance level.

Alternatively a failure to sustain higher prices could see Oil trade back down to its averages.
Atlas CapitalFx

Return to Daily market technical Analysis And outlook By ACFX.com