Issues on using different timeframes

Have a question about trading? Any questions are welcome. Go ahead!

Issues on using different timeframes

Postby ivanlim » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:50 am

Hi everyone. Recently i saw a pair that was bullish on a daily timeframe but bearish on the 4 hr timeframe. The daily stochastic saw a crossover,indicating a bull,while the 4 hr stochastic indicated a bear with a recent crossover. So which should i heed?
ivanlim

Re: Issues on using different timeframes

Postby ivanlim » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Sorry i have to add in something to the question. The pair was bullish for the past few months,but in the last month,it retraced. Now,it has hit the 38.2 fib level on my daily chart,and the recent 1-2 bars are bullish. This pair is above the 200 period MVA on my daily chart,but on the 4 hr chart it is below the 200 period MVA. So how do i know if this this down trend movement for the past month a start of a new downtrend (reversal of the bullish) or just another retracement which will soon continue its path on the original uptrend?
ivanlim

Postby ivanlim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:53 am

It is just a case scenario that ran in my mind. The currency pair is the USD/CHF,now. It might not be as what i said,but i'm just wondering if what i said was to be the case. Stochastic and MVA are the indicators i use for this trade
ivanlim

Postby ivanlim » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:01 am

OK. Thanks
ivanlim

Return to Newbie questions & answers