cant i trade without stop loss.

Have a question about trading? Any questions are welcome. Go ahead!

cant i trade without stop loss.

Postby ap4god » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:02 pm

mr edward ive been seen your good advices.i ve been practicing forex for sometimes now but not making money because, i dont know how to place my sl.pls also show me a diagram on how to draw fibo on chart.thanks anned
ap4god

Re: cant i trade without stop loss.

Postby Traveller » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Hey ap4god,

anyone can give you an advise on that, not just Edward :mrgreen:

First off, let me ask, how do you place a trade? You should certainly know where to enter, e.g. what is the best spot to enter, right..?
If not, then I can't imagine someone being profitable by placing trade chaotically. :P

If you, and I'm sure you do, know where to enter, then one of the Reasons of entering at the chosen spots would be a Good Logical place to set a stop: something like a Swing low/high, or a Pivot, or a trend line, or any other reference you'd use.

So, what i'm trying to say here is that you probably do have the skills of placing stops, and may be its something more specific you wanted to learn.. Because your initial post is so general beyond imaginable, that only a few people like me would be interested to try to answer it. Don't get me wrong :wink:

Fibo.. fibo.. I think I saw someone referring to this website, try it: http://www.fibonaccibook.com/
Traveller

Re: cant i trade without stop loss.

Postby Moreno » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:01 pm

stop loss is a part of risk management. we will never know what happened in the risk of forex trading so we need a good risk management. With good risk management it is necessary to use SL when trading and therefore greater risks can be minimized with good. For that I always use SL when trading
Moreno

Return to Newbie questions & answers