What is the best time frame for newbie?

Have a question about trading? Any questions are welcome. Go ahead!

What is the best time frame for newbie?

Postby paul cruza » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:20 am

What is the best time frame and why

I like trade in 15 minutes time frame and 1 hour time frame

15 minutes TF because upon finding a good trade opportunity the trade might end in an hour and i don't have to wait longer

and 1 hour time for more pips and profits

but which tf is best for a newbie and why? :D
paul cruza

Re: What is the best time frame for newbie?

Postby kyle morgan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:58 am

paul cruza wrote:What is the best time frame and why?

Rather than get hung up about which timeframes are best or not, would it not make more sense to use the various timeframes in unison to better achieve the maximum possible returns from each bet that you make?

The timeframe(s) should be a key ingredient of your approach or method, with each one offering different features & benefits.
For instance, longer or higher frames can assist in identifying & adjudging key areas or zones of support & resistance or likely levels of potential price reaction going forward, enabling you to prepare your entry....whilst the shorter or smaller frames could be used to help focus on the trade execution process & initial risk criteria.

Limiting yourself to just one or perhaps two specific timeframes could prevent you from gaining maximum effectiveness & efficiency from your trading approach.
kyle morgan

Postby SamuraiTrader » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:31 am

The answer is that there is no answer. The "best" time frame is whatever you feel most comfortable using.

That said, most newcomers to forex will find that their comfort zone lies somewhere in the H1 to Daily range. I would recommend looking at something like H4 and Daily for analysis and then H1 for entry. Once you get a feel for that level of trading you can make any number of changes in your approach.

Personally I trade with range bars which in my case is similar to very low time-frames when the market is moving well. I am comfortable with that and don't have much interest in waiting out trades on higher TFs any longer. I have also taught a number of new traders to trade the way I do with a hybrid of scalping and swinging so I know it can be done.

Another consideration is with low time frames, your pips goals for successful trades are likely a lot lower. This means that in most cases spread becomes a much bigger factor. So unless you know what you're doing or have someone teaching you a well-defined system you are probably best off minimizing the effects of spread and sticking to higher time-frames and longer trade holding times.
Samurai Forex Trading - Home of The Elite Range Bar System
www.samuraiforextrading.com
SamuraiTrader

Postby goodguy66 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:45 pm

There is no best time frame to use. Set up each trading pairs, there are 25 or so pairs. Put all the pairs , so that you can look at them to find pairs that are coming 2 support or resistance levels. Watch those for possible scalping trades. Don't fall in love with 1 pair, keep a watch on all pairs. You will have more trades that way. For each pair use the daily, 4 hour, 1 hour and 15 minute. You enter a trade using the 15 minute time frame. The Golden rule, trade the trend. Put 200 EMA and the 50 EMA. If the 200 is going up on the daily then the trend is up on that pair. You look at the daily to what the trend is up or down. Use the 2 line MACD indicator and look for Positive or Negative divergence. You look at the daily first to see the trend, use thick line to show support and resistance level and put them in each time frame.
Buy the dips in uptrends and sell the rallies in a down trend. That way you are only using a 20 or 30 pip stop. This is a scalping trade.
The best times to trade are the 3AM ET.London open. The 8Am ET,new york open. Noon ET. Londo close. 5PM ET New York close. 7PM ET. Tokyo Open. 9 ET. Singapore Open. Trades will come with the openning and closing of markets. The best time is the London close, there will always be trades to take on pairs as this is the best time to see some kind of reconsolidation at the London close. Never use ore than 1% of your money. Be PATIENT and wait for trades at support or resistance levels and you will be sucessful. Good luck in your trading. Be SMART and be PATIENT. The trades will come to you.
goodguy66

Postby mehedi275 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:46 pm

I think it is better to trade 15 min or 5 min trade as a newbie. Because it is little risky. We can open a demo account first for this purpose. We are supporting demo account at Capital One Forex Ltd.
mehedi275

Postby lordkevin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:42 am

Thanks for the nice post...
lord
lordkevin

Postby dymamic » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:53 am

It depends on the type of traders you are, scapler, swinger or long-termer. The strategies you used need an approriate timeframe.

I'm a scapler and I only use M15, M30 and H1. It's best for me to follow the trends also predict the movements of market. Newbie are new trader, they often open/close fastly the orders so M15,M30 are good :)
dymamic

Postby GMMA-Trader » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:16 pm

It really depends on your trading strategy. Do you have a winning strategy?
GMMA-Trader

Postby anglenasalt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:38 am

That said, most newcomers to forex will find that their comfort zone lies somewhere in the H1 to Daily range. I would recommend looking at something like H4 and Daily for analysis and then H1 for entry. Once you get a feel for that level of trading you can make any number of changes in your approach.
*sofiazoe*
anglenasalt

Postby prapforex » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 am

GMMA-Trader wrote:It really depends on your trading strategy. Do you have a winning strategy?

right guys, it depends on each trading strategy that used.
But i recommended to use at least 3 TF. its the minimum requirement to success in forex trade. I've adopt this way in liteforex and roboforex, and so far its good for gaining many pips..
prapforex

Next

Return to Newbie questions & answers