Why does price retrace?

Have a question about trading? Any questions are welcome. Go ahead!

Why does price retrace?

Postby ivanlim » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:20 am

May i know why doesn't a price move in one direction all the way,instead of retracements occuring? Shouldn't the price continue to rise if everybody buys a currency pair? Sorry if i do not make sense as i'm still unclear about many things about forex and i need some help. Thanks for understanding
ivanlim

Re: Why does price retrace?

Postby spike » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:01 pm

You should tune into my weekly podcast, the Secrets of Successful Traders. Many of the traders we interview each week are former floor traders and they speak firsthand about the supply and demand levels that drive the markets and how to spot these levels on the charts.

Right Click the link below and Save AS to download podcast!
Code: Select all
http://media.libsyn.com/media/rkassulker/sosTraders_003.mp3
Spike, the Forex Answer Man
http://sosTraders.com
spike

Why don't you simply answer a question every once in a while

Postby goldtop » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:46 pm

How about actually contributing something remotely worthwhile yourself to one of these topics, instead of answering every single post on the forum with yet another of your tiresome & blatent spam exercises.
goldtop

Postby ivanlim » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 am

Thanks
ivanlim

Postby Edward Revy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi ivanlim,

For every buyer in the market there is a seller. Trends form when one of the sides gets stronger and confidently presses on. But with time everyone needs a break: to take profits, to adjust risks, to get our with a loss (for some), to reverse a position etc - majority of these operations take place at market support/resistance levels - so called "pit-stops" for every trend. So, as the interest temporarily eases on one side, the opposite forces take over causing the market to retrace or completely reverse.
Retracements are expected and wanted by many traders, since it is the most cost & risk efficient way to enter the market, which is already trending.
Edward Revy
Site Admin

Postby ivanlim » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:34 pm

Alright. Thanks for your help Edward
ivanlim

Return to Newbie questions & answers