QUESTION

Have a question about trading? Any questions are welcome. Go ahead!

QUESTION

Postby babatunde_od » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi Edward,

This is your discussion : Yes, that's a question that can have different answers today as we trade and tomorrow as we discover new strategies.
I like method #1 (9EMA) and advanced #5 (Trend line breakout).
Now my question is i have looked for this 9EMA strategy and cant find it. where exactly is it? can you send the link to me please? (This is a question please)

Also could you tell me the best strategy/strategies for both EUR/USD and GBP/USD under the 5m time frame. I have read your suggestions which include Advance Strategies 3,4, and 5; Simple Strategies 14, 15 and 16 are all good for the GBP/USD and EUR/USD pairs.
I think the simple strategy #14 would be a nice idea though i have a couple of questions for this

Forex trading strategy #14 (Stochastic + EMAs' cross):
1. can it be traded on a 5m, 15m and 1 hour time frame?
2. based on the writer's set-up:
Indicators - Stochastic (5,3)
2 Days exponential moving average.
4 Days exponential moving average.

can you help with step by step instructions for this setting this indicator please? if possible with visual illustration. I know about stochastic (5,3,3) what about this stochastic (5,3) that was used for the setup please help with step by step set up please?
what will be my:
% K Period- ?
Slowing- ?
% D Period- ?
i know the price field section will remain Low/High (Default),
MA Method: ?

PLS BEAR IN MIND IT IS STOCHASTIC (5,3) AND NOT (5,3,3)

and also for the EMA, is the step as folows: indicators-trend-moving average-then i chosose 2 for the period, leave shift as 0, MA method- exponential- , apply to close and repeat the same process for the 4EMA? just like you set up Basic Strategy strategy #1 (Fast moving averages crossover).

sometimes we newbies bombard you with stupid questions but as an experienced trader who is willing and ready to put us in the right track, you have to forgive us about this problem..

Pls kindly send a copy to my email: [email protected]
babatunde_od

Re: QUESTION

Postby Edward Revy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi,

- 9 EMa method can be found here: http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/tr ... 9ema-entry
- Strategy #14 can be used on the mentioned time frames, but you have to understand that you'll be getting more signals and the rate of false signals will increase.
- Stochastic (5, 3) will have the following parameters in MT4:
% K Period - 5
% D Period - 3
Slow - 3 (even though it is not indicated on Stoch (5, 3)
MA method: simple
- the steps you've described about setting up both EMAs are correct.

That's it. Please let me know if I missed anything form your questions.

Happy trading!
Edward
Edward Revy
Site Admin

thanx

Postby babatunde_od » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi Edward and the rest of the guys out thr! I really appreciate your quick response to my questions..

Keep up the good works bro!

Babatunde_Od.
babatunde_od

Return to Newbie questions & answers