help! I'm a loser :(

Have a question about trading? Any questions are welcome. Go ahead!

Re: help! I'm a loser :(

Postby User » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:50 am

Forum transfer: Submitted by Mike on October 27, 2007 - 12:33.

I believe there should be two systems: one for entry and another for exit.
A trader can sit tight and let the profits run till he knows he is following a system, that's gonna tell him when to exit. Without such system deciding on exits is very difficult, not to mention chaotic.

Mike
User

Postby User » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:51 am

Forum transfer: Submitted by User on January 28, 2008 - 12:55.

Hi, this site is good.Let's help each other and learn from one another.I think it is important to have a big heart instead of a small heart trying to hide their strategies.Maybe now i am a newbie but someone teach me some strategies. When the time i am good in forex and discover new strategies, i will share with everyone.But hopefully, no bad guys here trying to give fake strategies to hurt other's.Thanks for the good work guys!
User

Postby User » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:52 am

Forum transfer: Submitted by Koos on February 5, 2008 - 23:38.

hi, i agree that this a great site. I am only do day trading, and normally i am average 30 min in a trade. Sometimes if my signals stay strong, i might close half my trade, and let the other half run. I use 3 indicators to enter,Stochastic,3,8 Ema's, and then the most important a 25 Ema for trend direction. I never trade against the trend. In my early trading days i have really lost many trades, and a lot of money.To exit my first half, i make use only of two indicators. An aggressive Stochastic, set at 8,2,2 and the default RSI(14).
If Rsi start moving in new direction, and Stochastic cross, i immediately close my first half of my trade.Then i use RSI(21) and default setting on stochatic to exit my other half. Normally stochastic must stay crossed for at least 2 more candles, then i will exit.Mostly for me EUR/USD pair has the least fake signals, and many times, i catch up to 50 pips, even when trading on the 5 min timeframe. My biggest run was early Jan, 140 pips. This trade was for about 7 hours active, but was worth every second.

Well thats it. Take a nap and try. I hope all of your guys will get to the top.

Koos
South-Africa
User

Postby User » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:53 am

Forum transfer: Submitted by Andy P on August 18, 2008 - 20:45.

Hi everyone,
and thanks for a fantastic site. In the past I've paid a lot, and I mean A LOT of money for some of the very same information that I have found here for free. It really is nice to see so many decent, honest people who all share the same goals of achieving financial freedom trading the forex, sharing their ideas with others. Many thanks to you all. I, like many others, have traded and lost over the past months to the point of almost giving up but I've decided to stick at it a while longer and hope one of you can help me. I have a full-time job at the moment and am looking to trade after work with a view to possibly trading for a living if I can make a success of it, so I am wondering if there is a system out there that can produce profits of 10-20 pips on a REGULAR basis, no more, but regular trading after 18.00 GMT. Sounds simple but is it?? Any ideas would be truly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Andy P
User

Postby User » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:53 am

Forum transfer: Submitted by Rich on August 20, 2008 - 20:54.

Hi Andy,

There isn't much juice left on the market after 18GMT.
But you may still try trading for 4 hours: from 18GMT to 22GMT.
:) I know what's not going to work for you: breakout strategies and majority of scalping strategies, because they need good trends.

There is an interesting comment (the last one) at http://forex-strategies-revealed.com/gb ... ng/cpage-6
which I think may be worth trying.

Cheers,
Rich
User

Postby User » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:54 am

Forum transfer: Submitted by sam on January 25, 2009 - 04:51.

Make only the first step. When you will trade the next several days say to you at the end of this trading session my account sum is equal. When you make in this time around 5 pips. It's okay. Psychologically its better reduce your setting objectives to smaller pieces. So make one step after the next with patience and when you're getting frustrated make a stop from several hours or days. Money isn't the only thing in the world.
sam
User

Postby User » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:56 am

Forum transfer:Submitted by User on June 9, 2009 - 13:41.

keep practicing. There is nothing more to it. Try to step away form indicators and look at raw charts, this may help.
User

Postby AsherEWT » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:31 am

Hi Skyfx,

Look at the picture I posted. Avoid Red Circles and focus on Green and you're on your way :)

Dont let your emotions become your enemy in Trading.

Cheers,
Attachments
Panics Selling.PNG
My Trading Blog: http://www.ichi360.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ichi360
AsherEWT

Postby shengani » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 am

To Koos of South Africa: Please forward this message to him.
Dagse Boet. Wat is jou telefoon of e-mail. Ek sal graag met jou wil praat. Myne is [email protected]

Piet
shengani

Previous

Return to Newbie questions & answers