Query

Have a question about trading? Any questions are welcome. Go ahead!

Query

Postby umeshkalyankar » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:17 am

Hi friends,

I'm Umesh from India. I'm a newbie in forex trading. I've opened practice a/c at etoro and have been practising for last 2-3 months. I liked its user friendly interface (comment please). My question is, while I was reading your forum, found one important fact that one has to know exactly when to enter/exit. This, of course, requires some study on charts. I didn't find how to read/play with charts on etoro's interface. Is it that the charts are enabled only for real traders? If I want to practise on charts in my practice a/c how can I? I've written this to etoro support team and their answer is awaited.

What technical analysis tools are provided by etoro? I don't want to change to other platform only for this reason. Help please

Thanks in advance

Umesh
umeshkalyankar

Re: Query

Postby Edward Revy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Umesh,

I guess you're referring to the fact that instead of real charts (price bars, indicators etc), with eToro you're seeing a game-like model of trading, e.g. some people running, some bank to bank transactions illustrated on earth map - all that are cartoons for novice traders :)
Just to make you comfortable starting as a trader.

eToro has real charts, they are available to demo and live traders. I don't know however where and what buttons to push to activate this on eToro platform, so you have to rely on your broker support for that.

Regards,
Edward
Edward Revy
Site Admin

Postby gavind » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Does anyone know what chart they are using for this year already? Image
gavind

Postby kindaichi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:01 am

For newbie, I believe it is candlestick chart. As it is easier to learn and read.
kindaichi

Postby kaha » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:28 am

I dont know much about etoro, but honestly you can always open another demo account with more known brokers such as hotforex, oanda, alpari, its just demo to test them and maybe compare, maybe then you can find what you are looking for, I am no demo expert but its good to try other options if its not working with etoro, demo are free and you dont have to provide personal info detailed
kaha

Return to Newbie questions & answers