Grand Capital

Forex broker related topics and discussions

Re: Grand Capital

Postby ExpertGC » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:07 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (November 20th–24th)

Last week’s top traders in our latest recap.

The most active client

Placed 548 trades, including 435 profitable ones and 113 that resulted in a loss. The majority of trades involved GBP/USD.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $44 000.00.

The most profitable trade of the week

Resulted in a profit of +$6430.00. The trade was opened on the 9th of November at 1:40 PM and closed on the 23rd of November at 10:14 AM.

The most interesting trading instruments chosen by traders:
  • COPPER — Copper futures. Contract volume is 25 000 pounds (around 11.34 tons). Minimum price step is $0.0005 per pound ($12.5 per contract). Millions of investors follow the copper quotations every day. Copper is the first metal to be worked and used by man. Total world production of copper is about 16 million tons per year;
  • AEX — AEX index futures. The size of the contract is calculated by multiplying €200 by the index quote. The quotes are specified in the index points. 1 tick equals 0.05 index point and costs €10.00. AEX index is one of the Netherlands’ most important stock indices and encompasses 25 of the country’s major companies;
  • @EGBP — Euro/pound cross currency futures. It's a low activity contract with daily volumes not above several hundred contracts. The size of the contract is 125 000 EUR. Minimum price fluctuation (1 point and 1 tick) is 0.00005 GBP for a contract or 6.25 pounds per contract;
  • # MSFT (Microsoft Corporation) — the world’s largest software company. As of 2016, the company's revenue is $86.6 billion. Net profit for July–September 2017 was $6.58 billion, or 84 cents per share. Last year’s values are $5.67 billion and 72 cents;
  • # AXP (American Express) — American financial company. The most famous products of the company are credit cards, charge cards and traveler's cheques. In 2016 American Express was listed 95th in the Forex Global 2000 rating of the major public companies, it also was 247th by revenue, 104th by net profit, 171th by assets and 129th by market capitalization.
Earn more with Grand Capital
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:02 am

Interview with contest winners. Mechatronics engineer from India talks about risk management and scalping

The winner of the 392nd round of Drag Trade lives in India, works as a mechatronics engineer and has been trading on financial markets for about five years. Pongurlekar Sunand Sudhir told us how beginners should polish their skills, what strategies should be used with scalping and how to choose a broker.

Tell us a little bit about yourself, how old are you, where do you work?

I am a 27-year-old engineer with graduation in Bachelor of Engineering Mechatronics. My work is related to automation and robotics, I have to calibrate machines to work in the desired manner with the help of computer programming.

How did you start trading? How did it all begin?

I started with Forex trading during my final year of studying engineering so I have been around the world of Forex for about 4–5 years. I started Forex trading when I looked at the volatility in Forex market during major economic data releases. I found this volatility as an opportunity to place trades. Initially, I started with a demo account and have been participating in many contests including those conducted by Grand Capital for more than 3 years. It is only last year that I started trading on live accounts so I am still a novice when it comes to trading on real accounts.

How popular is trading in India?

Forex trading was somewhat less popular in my country when I began 5 years back. However, nowadays there is more awareness about Forex trading in India and many brokers are offering local bank deposit/withdrawal option at competitive exchange rates to Indian customers. Many international brokers have their partners and IBs in India and even some have opened up offices in India.

How did you learn to trade?

I learned to trade from reading technical analysis books, technical analysis research of analysts, watching Youtube videos and attending seminars organized by brokers.

As a novice trader, I experienced a lot of problems with risk management and placing stop losses to exit losing trades. As a result, I believe that the paramount factor in Forex trading is how to manage your losses.

What’s your trading style? What strategies do you use?

The volatility is my best friend. My trading style is scalping and news trading during important economic data releases. My prime trading strategy involves scalping and using technical tools such as moving averages, Bollinger bands, MACD and Fibonacci levels on short-term charts like 1m, 5m, 15m. I believe in cutting my losses as quickly as possible and never average the trades.

What are your favorite trading instruments?

I prefer to trade mainly major Forex pairs such as EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCAD, AUDUSD and EURGBP. I believe they have the best liquidity and as a result the tightest spreads of all the asset classes which is important while scalping.

What do you look at when choosing a broker?

I mainly look out for tight spreads, faster execution of trades, no hassle in deposit/withdrawal of funds, security of funds and lastly, local bank deposit/withdrawal option for Indian customers. In fact, I opted Grand Capital for the local bank deposit/withdrawal option. Also, I admire the way Grand Capital organizes contests regularly.

What are your impressions of Grand Capital contests?

As I said earlier, I like demo contests and moreover, your Drag Trade contest is a high reward contest as the winner stands a chance to win a prize in a duration of only 1 hour. Drag Trade contest offers high initial capital of USD 100 000 so even if you make few losses then also you can recover and come back.

What piece of advice can you provide for beginners?

Lastly, I am myself a novice trader but if there was one piece of advice I would give to rookie traders than it would be "Do not worry about your profits but restrict your losses to a minimum and the profits will follow".

I would like to conclude by saying only this quote "The world of Forex is very fickle so our job is not to reason why, but our job is to only sell and buy".

P.S. Learn the contest rules and sign-up for the next round here.
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:34 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (November 27th–December 1st)

Here are the results of the last trading week.

The most active client

Placed 941 trades, including 778 profitable ones and 163 that resulted in a loss. All trades involved GBP/USD.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $27 540,00.

Resulted in a profit of +$18 735,00. The trade was opened on the 21st of November at 11:13 AM and closed on the 27th of November at 2:52 PM.

• ROUGH RICE — rough rice futures contract. Rice is one of the most cost-demanding grain crops. It is produced all over the world and is second by the production volume among the top three grains, standing between wheat and corn. Minimum price step is 0.5 cent and costs $10;
  • Dow Jones — Dow Jones stock index mini futures contract. DJIA (Dow Jones Industrial Average) index is the oldest American market index existing today. It was designed to follow the development of the industrial segment of American stock markets. The index comprises 30 major American companies. Although the index is still called "industrial", the large portion of the companies included have nothing to do with heavy industry. The contract size for DJIA is calculated according to the formula: $5 multiplied by the index quote;
  • # MAGNIT («Магнит») — a Russian food retail company and an eponymous supermarket chain. As of December 31, 2016, the company's network included 14,059 stores. In 2016 the company's revenue amounted to 1.07 trillion RUB;
  • # PFE (Pfizer) — an American pharmaceutical corporation, one of the world’s largest companies in the industry. Pfizer shares were included in Dow Jones Industrial Average on the 8th of April, 2004;
  • # NIKE — an American company, a world-famous manufacturer of sportswear. According to analysts, Nike owns almost 95% of the US basketball footwear market. The brand is estimated at $10.7 billion and is the most valuable trademark in the sports industry. It is included in Dow Jones industrial index since September 2013.
Earn more with Grand Capital!
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:57 am

Grand Capital confirms FinaCom certification

On December 4th, 2017, Grand Capital and FinaCom decided to prolong their partnership as a result of the annual certification procedure. Grand Capital became a member of FinaCom, a dispute resolution commission for the participants of Forex market, in January 2016.

Learn here what it means for the company and our clients.

What is FinaCom

FinaCom, or Financial Commission, is an independent international dispute resolution committee dedicated to Forex market. FinaCom investigates the claims of traders and brokers and acts as a neutral party in the disputes. The board consists of industry professionals who study the information provided by both parties and make a ruling based on evidence.

Why it’s important for us

Financial Commission unites the brokers that place value on industry transparency and their business reputation, making the quality of their services the top priority. By joining Financial Commission brokers confirm that they are ready to uphold the accepted standards.

Why it’s important for our clients

Membership in Financial Commission is designed to provide an honest and open dialogue. The clients of a member company receive access to unbiased arbitration and an opportunity to protect their interests. In case of any disputes, the clients can always appeal to FinaCom experts. They will look into the case and resolve the dispute.

Grand Capital team
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:20 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (December 4–8)

Learn the results of the past trading week.

The most active client

Placed 864 trades, including 455 profitable ones and 409 that resulted in a loss. The majority of trades involved GOLD, EUR/USD and EUR/JPY.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $58 375.64.

Resulted in a profit of +$14 430.00. The trade was opened on the 17th of October at 2:51 PM and closed on the 8th of December at 9:15 AM.

• PLATINUM — Platinum futures contract. The contract volume is 50 troy ounces (1.56 kg). Minimum price step is $0.10 per ounce and $5 per contract. Platinum is the main and most popular member of platinum group of elements, which also comprises palladium, ruthenium, rhodium, osmium and iridium;
  • HEATING OIL — heating oil futures. The contract size is 42 000 gallons (1 imperial gallon is roughly 4.55 liters). The quotation is in US dollars and cents per gallon. Minimum price fluctuation: $0.0001 per gallon;
  • # UTX (United Technologies) — Founded in 1929, it is one of the largest financial and industrial groups in the United States. Market capitalization: $ 91.110 billion (2016);
  • # FACEBOOK — the world's largest online social network. Facebook.com is one of the five most visited websites in the world. As of June 2017, monthly audience of the network is 2 billion users, while the revenue is $27.638 billion (2016);
  • # MCD (McDonald’s Corporation) — an American corporation, the world's largest chain of fast food restaurants (until 2010) which uses a franchise system. In 2016 it was included in Fortune Global 500 (420th). Turnover: $35.39 billion (2016).
Earn more with Grand Capital
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:31 am

Meet our best partners of 2017!

The year 2018 is upon us and it’s time to report on the results of 2017.

2017 in figures:
  • A total of 13 offices opened in Germany, the Netherlands, Indonesia, India, Nigeria, South Africa, Pakistan, Iran and Myanmar.
  • Grand Capital held 35 trading seminars around the world.
Denis Kulagin, our Head of International Development:

“2017 was the perhaps the best year ever for the company's International Development. It was really a breakthrough year for us, and I’m sure that the whole Grand Capital team deserves the credit. We thank all our partners for their great work and never lowering the bar. Thank you for all the results you’ve achieved and all the ways you’ve helped us to develop our company. Still, we are not going to stay content with what we’ve gained so far. We are planning on expanding our presence in several other countries, such as Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia and some Latin American countries in 2018.”

Following the tradition, we award the most distinguished partners at the end of the year.

10 best international partners of 2017:
  • Innocent Thembokuhle — “Partner of the year”.
  • Reichelmann Joachim — “The most technologically advanced partner”, Europe.
  • Boris Restya — “The most loyal partner”, Asia.
  • San Lin — “The most promising partner, Southeast Asia.
  • Henry Ogedengbe — “The most motivating partner”, Worldwide.
  • Bimo Singo — “The most reliable partner”, Southeast Asia.
  • Mapiti Katlego — “The most creative partner”, Middle East.
  • Mahlatsi Valerie — “Fund manager of the year”, South Africa.
  • Kusmono Andy — “The most versatile partner”, Southeast Asia.
  • Eko Hermawanto — “The most responsible partner”, Southeast Asia.
Best partners will receive personalized cups from Grand Capital. We thank you all for your work!

Grand Capital team
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:34 am

New Year promotion from Grand Capital: Get free tokens for trading until January 15th

Bitcoin, Ethereum and many other cryptocurrencies experienced explosive growth in 2017. On the threshold of the New Year, together with Serenity Financial, we’re holding a promotion in the course of which we will give away 2000 tokens. In order to participate, trade on your ECN Prime and or Standard accounts between December 15th, 2017 and January 15th, 2018

How to start:
How to participate
  • Before January 15th place at least three trades (involving cryptocurrency) on your ECN Prime account, or at least five trades (involving any instruments except stock CFD) on your Standard account
  • Share a screenshot of any trade on your Vkontakte page, Facebook page or Twitter with these hashtags: #ToTheMoon, #ICOSerenity, #GrandCapital_BestECN
  • Contact Grand Capital tech support ([url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]) to provide a link to your post, your account ID and your Ethereum wallet number
  • You will receive a SERENITY token to your Ethereum wallet within 5 working days
Terms of the promotion
  • Total turnover of your trades on ECN Prime must be at least $10 000, or at least three lots on a Standard account
  • One SERENITY token is awarded for every three trades involving cryptocurrency on an ECN Prime account or for every five trades on a Standard account
  • One SERENITY token = 0.1 ETH
  • The number of tokens is limited. In total, 2000 tokens ($100 000) will be distributed in the course of the promotion
What is Serenity?

Serenity is a platform for secure currency, cryptocurrency and CFD trading. A total of $506,782 was attracted during the Pre-ICO. ICO starts on the 25th of January. SERENITY tokens can be used to pay for the platform’s services or sold on an exchange after the ICO ends.

Learn more about the promotion rules here.

Grand Capital team
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:04 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (December 11th–15th)

Learn the best results of the last trading week. Read and compare them with your own.

The most active client

Placed 484 trades, including 452 profitable ones and 32 that resulted in a loss. The majority of trades involved GBP/USD, USD/CAD, NZD/USD, EUR/GBP.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $80 636,52.

Resulted in a profit of +$14 700,00. The trade was opened on the 16th of November at 3:23 PM and closed on the 13th of December at 3:37 PM.

• KC — coffee futures contract. The contract size is 37 500 pounds (around 17 tons). One tick is 0.05 and costs $18.75. Coffee market has a higher liquidity than many other commodity markets because of the high demand for coffee;
  • GOLD — gold futures. Contract volume: 100 troy ounces (around 3.11 kg). Minimum price step: $0.10 per ounce ($10.00 per contract). The price of gold usually grows during economic crises. Historically, the inflation growth is also usually accompanied by the growth of gold price;
  • NASDAQ-100 — futures mini contract for NASDAQ-100 stock index. The contract size is calculated by multiplying the current value of the index by 20 USD. 1 tick is 0.25 and costs $5. NASDAQ is an American OTC market that specializes in hi-tech companies shares (electronics, software etc.);
  • # INTC (Intel Corporation) — an American producer of electronic devices and computer components, including microprocessors, chipsets, etc. Volume: $59.4 billion as of 2016.
  • # PEPSI – PepsiCo is an American manufacturer of non-alcoholic beverages and food. More than a half of the company's net revenues comes from the US and 20% from Mexico, Russia, Canada, United Kingdom and Brazil. As of 2016, PepsiCo is listed 90th in Forbes Global 2000 ranking of largest public companies, and 42nd by market capitalization.
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:45 am

Grand Capital weekly recap (December 18th–22nd)

Here are the results of the last trading week. Follow the top traders!

The most active client

Placed 394 trades, including 360 profitable ones and 34 that resulted in a loss. All trades involved SILVER.

Maximum deposit growth

In one trading week on a single account was $29 670,25.

Resulted in a profit of +$10 464,00. The trade was opened on the 8th of December at 3:30 PM and closed on the 18th of December at 5:32 PM.

• ROUGH RICE — rough rice futures contract. Rice is one of the most cost-demanding grain crops. It is produced all over the world and is second by the production volume among the top three grains, standing between wheat and corn. Minimum price step is 0.5 cent and costs $10;
  • ORANGE JUICE — orange juice futures contract. The contract size is standard and equals 15 000 pounds (approximately 6.9 tons). One tick is 0.05 and costs $7.5;
  • # AEROFLOT — the largest airline in Russia and one of the world's oldest airlines. It was founded in 1923 and at the time was fully state-owned. After the Soviet Union collapsed, the company became semi-privatized, with 51% of the shares still owned by the government;
  • # PG (Procter & Gamble Co) — American transnational company, one of the leaders of the world's consumer products market. The company's shares are taken into account when the Dow Jones industrial index is calculated;
  • # WMT (Wal-Mart Stores) — An American retail company that manages the world's largest retail network. It operates the Walmart trademark. Turnover: 482 billion dollars (2016).
ExpertGC

Postby ExpertGC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Grand Capital 2017 Recap

Stanislav Vaneev, CEO of Grand Capital:

“Dear clients and partners! I would like to personally wish you financial growth and prosperity, and most importantly, for your loved ones to be safe and healthy! At the end of each year, we always take our time to look back, reflect on what’s happened and make plans for the year to come.”

During 2017 we’ve seen the figures grow:
  • The company’s average monthly turnover has risen by 27% and now amounts to $6 billion.
  • The number of our clients has also grown by 40%. Now we service 455 149 people.
  • We have 15% more web partners. Now there are 18 152 of them.
  • A total of $371 000 in bonuses was granted to Grand Capital clients.
  • In 2017 the company held 102 contests for traders.
Year of cryptocurrency
  • Grand Capital has followed the main trends of 2017 and now offers 17 cryptocurrency pairs for trading: BCH/USD, ETH/BTC, XMR/USD, BTC/USD, LTC/USD, LTC/BTC, ETH/USD, ETH/LTC, DSH/USD, DSH/BTC, ETC/BTC, XRP/USD, ETC/USD, BTC/EUR, ZEC/USD, ZEC/BTC, BTC/RUB.
  • We introduced a new deposit option. Now you can make deposits and withdraw funds in Bitcoins. Soon the same will be offered for Ethereum.
  • Grand Capital team started working on Serenity, the first blockchain based marketplace for traders and brokers. The project will make trading on financial markets transparent and safe. Serenity ICO starts in January 2018.
Year of improvements

In 2017 Grand Capital updated a number of trading instruments and introduced new features.
  • We enhanced our ECN account and turned it into a new generation ECN Prime. ECN Prime is based on AMTS technology. It supports traditional currency pairs and cryptocurrency trading. What’s more, you can use Depth of Market feature, place orders within spread and employ high-frequency strategies in your trading.
  • We launched a Binary Options trading app for iOS and Android, where you can place trades right from the chart, use trading signals, contact our support team via LiveChat.
  • We renewed the Web Terminal for Binary Options. The new interface is much simpler and intuitive. You can see everything that is needed for effective trading on a single screen: live chart, trades info, quotes, etc.
  • We partnered with an algorithmic trading systems provider. Grand Capital clients can use robots that have been tested on Mfxbook.
Year of education

In 2017 we introduced free educational materials.
  • Watch 130 free video lessons on Forex and Binary Options trading. The course is available in 20 languages.
  • The company’s analysts Evgeniy Boguraev and Sergey Kozlovsky published a book for beginner traders which uncovers all secrets of technical and fundamental analysis, risk management and trading terminal settings.
  • Grand Capital has held 35 seminars worldwide.
Read more about 2017 here.

Grand Capital team.
ExpertGC

PreviousNext

Return to Forex Brokers