Newbie questions about MT4.......

Everything related to MT4

Newbie questions about MT4.......

Postby bullshit » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:48 am

Hi,

I am new here. I like MT4 very much but many things I don't understand :oops: For how long is the Demo version staying active? For an idefinite time? Is Backtesting strategies possible with the Demo? And if so please can you help me on my way... I have also some problems with some indicators which I want including in Main Chart. Maybe it's not possible? For Instance : Bollinger Bands will be always included in the Main Chart, RSI won't :? Why is that? I want for instance a separate window with Bollinger Bands AND RSI together. Is this possible and how does it working? Please can anybody explain why some indicators will and some won't including in Main Chart or separate.

I am looking forward having answers. Thanks a lot!

Kind regards from The Netherlands
Bullshit (Jilles)
bullshit

Re: Newbie questions about MT4.......

Postby Edward Revy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi Jilles,

When I first started using MT4 I had many questions too. With time you'll be more and more comfortable with it.

For how long is the Demo version staying active? For an idefinite time?

The demo stays active for, normally, about 1 month with a broker. But sometimes could depend on how regularly you're using it, e.g. if you don't use the platform for 1 month, it would delete your demo account.

Is Backtesting strategies possible with the Demo? And if so please can you help me on my way...

Backtesting on Demo is certainly possible. Here is the video on how to do it:

And that's how to put an EA on your chart:

I have also some problems with some indicators which I want including in Main Chart. Maybe it's not possible? For Instance : Bollinger Bands will be always included in the Main Chart, RSI won't :? Why is that?

Each indicator has a predefined placement, which is written in the indicator code:

#property indicator_separate_window - gives us an indicator in the separate window
#property indicator_chart_window - places an indicator on the chart.

You can edit those lines for the indicators to have them placed on the chart or below it.

Best regards,
Edward
Edward Revy
Site Admin

Return to MetaTrader 4