Pendolan's Journal

Start your personal journal and share your trading results and experience

Re: Pendolan's Journal

Postby Grinder » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm new to this site and appreciate all the ideas from everyone. I read the entire thread in which Stuart outlined and tweaked his strategy. I'm intrigued enough to test it for a bit in a Demo.

I'm currently using a daily (14)ATR and 4 hour candles for entries. In the original thread traders from all over tried the strategy with varying degrees of success. I reasoned that entry times were not that important since some entered at the London open, some NY, some AUS and some Tokyo.

After about a week I'm down -234 pips.

Has anyone noticed how market conditions affect this strategy? Trending? Ranging? Volatility? I took a loss last Friday due to NFPs but reasoned it could just of likely gone in my favor. (I really hate trading the news)

I'm prepared to give this trial a month. Stuart discussed risk/reward and settled on 1.8 and his worksheet is the very one I'm using, the one using a 14 day ATR rather than HiLo data.

Is anyone finding entry times to be important? I'm not going to trade the London open because they scheduled that for a ridiculous time of day for me. :) However, the Tokyo, NY opens are good times for me.

Thanks all,

Grinder

p.s. By the way, the jerk that EA'ed Stuart's strategy and tried to sell it back should be run out of town or worse, I took it the Stuart bailed out after this.
Grinder

Postby imrtl » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am

Question about your hourly spreadsheet, are you entering every hour of the previous day? Also my div/0 error doesn't go away after entering data on the V5 spreadsheet. Seems to want to divide by B4 yet b4 is hidden and also the cell is blank. Not sure how that is supposed to work.
imrtl

Postby henzyk » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:10 am

is this stratgy still active ? where is pendolan ? hows your trade mate ?

cheers
henzyk

Postby mietekizyta » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if someone still use this strategy?
mietekizyta

Previous

Return to Forex Trader Journals