The Glass Forex Trading Account

Start your personal journal and share your trading results and experience

The Glass Forex Trading Account

Postby christian » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi all

You can follow in every 5 minutes intervall all my trades below.

Performance 2010
update:
Trade System:
"Scalping 10 sec., M30, M1, M5" :roll:
http://twitter.com/forexcube
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Forexcu ... 0000/18667

"Tra Cop" :D
http://twitter.com/fxcube
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Forexcu ... 0000/20900

Kindest regards
christian
http://www.forexcube.ch
christian

Re: The Glass Forex Trading Account

Postby Traveller » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:43 am

Good profit curve, but...

I've noticed that you never close a losing trade leaving it open no matter what.

You currenct account holds 20 open losing trades with a total of -1788 pips (- $20161.00)

It's a demo account. Will you be able to sustain such losses fo real?
Traveller

Postby christian » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Traveller wrote:Good profit curve, but...

I've noticed that you never close a losing trade leaving it open no matter what.

You currenct account holds 20 open losing trades with a total of -1788 pips (- $20161.00)

It's a demo account. Will you be able to sustain such losses fo real?

Hello Traveller

You named it "losses", in my concept it could be a win in the future and so it isn't necessarily to set a stop loss when my "multiple time frame analysis" say that you can let these open trades further run in the future. These open positions would hedged several time in the past. With the real account I make it too, yes. Contrary to popular belief I'm not a friend of setting a Stop Loss. May be to set a stop loss perhaps 5 pips above the last candle or at the counterpart upper or lower Band of Bollinger Band. Why? It is illogical when you undestand price movement that when trading you take every loss as it happens. Trading full time you would leave positions open until you KNOW you need to close them." At forex-strategies-revealed.com" there are many excellent trading systems. All here have a great impact of wins. I argue: "With the RM-, MM- and MTFA-concept you'll get an infinitive deal more!" (RM - Risk Management; MM - Moneymanagement; MFTA - Multiple Time Frame Analysis). Why suffer many good trading concepts under "difficult market situation" when the market price will move against it? Many traders are of the opinion that they can count of "Stop Loss", to trust the "Stop Loss" to do something, in particular hold the losses minor. "Go out and keep your losses small!" you hear often. But for all that when coming full circle - "do you really recognize that in this moment you have abdicate responsibility?" To delegate responsibility cause charges? First the price of the lost order, second the price of the non-profitable order and third a psychological moment. Might be I can invite you to think a little about the "Anti-Stop-Loss-Pro-Hedging-Pro-Multiple-Time-Frame-Concept" in the next "green flag lap". "Perhaps some way or other you could realize that whatever system you trade you could earn 20-80% more!" Might be that this coping style is the clue of this important difference between the 95% loosing traders and the 5% winning traders. The most systems here on board are excellent! Might be the trading style cut profits.

Kindest regards
christian
christian

Postby Traveller » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:21 pm

I agree that as long as you don't close negative trades, you don't lose money. Can't argue about that, as well as can't argue about the effectiveness of hedging to keep you out of trouble.

What interests me is:

1) How long will you be able to drag along -$20K? (That's one pile of a non-working money, which also can't be claimed back easily unless won).
2) Plus it's always a possibility that the total balance of negative trades will continue rising. How much more will you be able you invest in this business? (I'm not looking for actual numbers, I'm concerned about the theoretical facts at this point).
3) Does your trading system counts in swaps? (I hope it does, but let's be sure).

thank you,
it's an interesting topic to discuss.
Traveller

Postby christian » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Hello Traveller

(1) Unprofitable open orders aren't qualified to bring a win at a smart pace. Open are now EURUSD's in the majority. Since february EURUSD moves in a range between 1.3450 and 1.380. So when this range will be broken at resistance line, some or all orders could be executed.

(2) If it will move further in counterdirection you hedge these ones a second time,..., a third time, like it was been before. So you regain your "open loss trade" several times, before it will turn into a win or it will exit say at 1.3850 at a higher time frame level with a loss. You can do first when your multiple time frame analysis gives you on the higher timeframe more range, say you trade M1, M5 and take a look at H4, Daily. By contrast stop loss is a definitely minus, but then I don't have the chance to contend for a win any more. And so you have to be aware and have taken more response about all your "loosing" trades. The rest is your own MM and RM, that can every trader determine by himself.

(3) Oh yes, of course. Swaps are costs which you might earn with the hedging trades additively.

Trading without stop loss without the need for blowing the fuses? -... might be a maverick and unorthodox concept.

Kindest regards
sam
christian

Postby christian » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:00 pm

christian wrote:Hello Traveller

(1) Unprofitable open orders aren't qualified to bring a win at a smart pace. Open are now EURUSD's in the majority. Since february EURUSD moves in a range between 1.3450 and 1.380. So when this range will be broken at resistance line, some or all orders could be executed.

(2) If it will move further in counterdirection you hedge these ones a second time,..., a third time, like it was been before. So you regain your "open loss trade" several times, before it will turn into a win or it will exit say at 1.3850 at a higher time frame level with a loss. You can do first when your multiple time frame analysis gives you on the higher timeframe more range, say you trade M1, M5 and take a look at H4, Daily. By contrast stop loss is a definitely minus, but then I don't have the chance to contend for a win any more. And so you have to be aware and have taken more response about all your "loosing" trades. The rest is your own MM and RM, that can every trader determine by himself.

(3) Oh yes, of course. Swaps are costs which you might earn with the hedging trades additively.

Trading without stop loss without the need for blowing the fuses? -... might be a maverick and unorthodox concept.

Kindest regards
christian
Attachments
Swiss Fond 50'000.-$.pdf
(128.41 KiB) Downloaded 1404 times
christian

Postby Traveller » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:16 am

it's definitely better with the statement :) thank you!

...So you regain your "open loss trade" several times, before it will turn into a win or it will exit...

I haven't counted that in, but you're right - no one prohibits us from hedging against this position over and over again.

I'm more positive about it now :mrgreen:
Traveller

Postby christian » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:09 pm

These two Swiss Fond*.pdf files show the trading without stop loss. Swiss Fond, 2010 March 18 shows 45 open orders
Swiss Fond, 2010 March 18.pdf
45 open orders
(137.15 KiB) Downloaded 1496 times
and Swiss Fond, 2010 March 24
Swiss Fond, 2010 March 24.pdf
only 4 open orders
(137.55 KiB) Downloaded 1365 times
only four open orders (long trade orders) one week later.
All positions are running into a win (except the four long term trades) ad interim.
If you would have set a stop loss you haven't no chance any more to cope these closed trades and you would loose the responsibility about these trades any longer and the psychological moment to let these open ones running into a win.
Kindest regards
christian
christian

Postby marshal » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:09 am

Hello,
Ya this is nice do you have another glass forex trading account. I also have requirement of this so please give more information about it.

thanks!!
marshal

Postby fx_jmcalster » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:52 am

You are joking right? Calling losses a win?! One of the basic rules in trading - cut losses short. That's a huge part of the risk management scheme. Unless you have tons of money to keep your trades on the market for years until the trend reverses, you have a serious hole in your trading plan.
fx_jmcalster

Next

Return to Forex Trader Journals