Journal

Start your personal journal and share your trading results and experience

Re: Journal

Postby CPTRADER » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:49 am

Price traded back up to 1.04700.

Now if price keeps on trading up and over 1.04950 and takes that previus high, i may be out.

The other scenario would be that the same high can be use as resistance and price make a doble top and trade back down.

We never know what will hapen,
Lets wait and see what price is going to do.
CPTRADER

Postby CPTRADER » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:18 am

As today price has not done much, righnow it is at 1.04812 and it's making a doble top.

It has not takeng the Dicember 17 high yet, so it may start to trade down from here or just break that high and move higher.

Lets see what is going to do next.
CPTRADER

Postby CPTRADER » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:55 am

I got stoped out from the USD/CHF trade.

The accounto is now down to $,3,860.

Lost on this trade was $62.

It has been a bad month, lets see if this gets better soon and i can make some money which is the reason why i do this.
CPTRADER

Postby CPTRADER » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:51 am

New week,
As today i am looking at GBP/USD as a posible trade, i will wait at little more and may place an other on this pair.
CPTRADER

Postby CPTRADER » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 am

Right now price is moving real slow, it may pick up latter on today.
CPTRADER

Postby CPTRADER » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:53 am

As today price has not done much.

I am still waiting for GBP/USD.
CPTRADER

Postby CPTRADER » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:14 pm

GBP/USD is not longer a good setup.

I have not been able to cachup with any good setups.

I will be waiting for if.
CPTRADER

Postby CPTRADER » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:55 am

I just remembered today that i had placed a buy limit order on GBP/USD at 1.58900 with a stop lost at 1.58300 and got stoped out yesterday with a los of $60.

The reason for this is that i only use my real account when i place orders, not when i do research.

To do my research i use a metatrader demo platform and so i had forgot about the order i had placed.
I usualy dont do this, but i had to be away from the PC and so i placed the order just in case price would come down and get my order.

I placed the order about two days ago and since i am in a new job at the moment, i have other things to think about and forgot about the order, but what can i do, it was a losing trade anyway.

It does not seem to stop the losing trades.

The account is now down to $3,800, that was a 10K order.
I only lost a small portion of the account on this trade but anyway, since i have been losing without a single wining trade, it just does not feel very good.

I will soom have a wining time.
CPTRADER

Postby CPTRADER » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:39 am

I am back, i will probable be away for some time because i have a new job, i am going to start studying also and will be very busy, but that is not a reason to run away from this busines that i love,
I have been waiting for a trade set up and not been able to see one that i like.

My account is not over $3,000 because i had to withrawd $2,000 out of it, i will put it back as soon as i can.
This is going to afect my goal just a little be because the times i lost a had a biger account which means biger loses, the account is now smaller and so if i have a winer trade is not going to be as big as if i had a biger account , but also the good side of this, of course, as everthing in life has the good and the bab, if i have a lost , is going to be a small one :) ,,,i try to see the good on everything i can.

I will be waiting for trades to put on.
CPTRADER

Postby wirrison » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Hey

I have been looking at journal structures so that I can implement an effective journal for myself. I like the way you write freely, I like the style. However, from another point of view, I don't see you giving reasons WHY YOU THINK YOU LOST / PROFITED. If you crash a car and the bodywork has got some scratches, you might be able to drive it again, but sooner or later you will find yourself in a crash again IF YOU DON'T FIND THE REASON WHY YOU CRASHED IN THE 1ST PLACE. Same as your journal, you should put reasons why you succeeded/failed so that you can replicate the reasons for success and do more of what you do right when you profit.

Or maybe it's coz there's another part of your diary that you keep to yourself maybe because it reveals your strategy... Either way, I hope you do this somehow, for your own sake. I hope I am wrong, and you do have your own analysis and/or inquiries into WHY you profit/lose.

Happy Trading
wirrison

PreviousNext

Return to Forex Trader Journals